Honduras - Apply for Naturalization
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Those who are interested to apply must register the agreement or resolution at the general direction of population and immigration and national registration book policy, which is carried in the Department of Civil Registration R.N.P.
- Once the Municipal Civil Registry issues the assignment sheet number identity for naturalization, the applicant may now submit requirements needed in registration.
- Go to the municipal registry to register naturalization.
- Once the authenticity of the documents are verified by the officer, he/she will register the name of the applicant in the registration book Naturalization Civil Registration System.
- The officer will then print the naturalization certificate of registration , this will give the respondent the opportunity to review all the information in the registration certificate.
- After reviewing all the information on the registration certificate, the officer will sign the document to formalize the applicants registration.
- The naturalization certificate will be printed and issued to the respondent , as proof that the procedure was successfully completed.
- Original certificate and a photocopy of the resolution issued by the competent authority, stating that the applicant's request to obtain citizenship through naturalization is granted.
- Original and photocopy of the Act certification Induction.
- Record of the resolution having been registered with the Directorate General of Immigration and Aliens.
- Data sheet number assignment issued by the department to be submitted to the Identity Registration and Civil Registry Office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Individuals who can apply for naturalization:
- Central American by birth, residing in the country for one year.
- Spanish and Latin American by birth, who have been residing in the country for two (2) consecutive years
- Foreigners who have be residing in the country for more than three (3) consecutive years
- Citizenship through naturalization granted by Congress for extraordinary service to Honduras
- Immigrants selected by the government for their scientific , agricultural and industrial knowledge, has been residing in the country for one year and meets the requirements set by law.
- Foreigners married to a Honduran citizen by birth.
For case numbers, 1 , 2, 3, 5, and 6, the applicant who are citizens of other nations must express their desire to obtain Honduran nationality to the competent authority.
If there is a dual citizenship treaty between the applicant's country of origin and Honduras, he/she will not be required to renounce their original nationality.
Application is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Your application to register your naturalization will be processed immediately.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Once the applicant's request to be a naturalized citizen of Honduras is granted, the applicant has a day to register their naturalization at the civil registry.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Citizenship represents the link between a person and a state or an association of states. Possession of citizenship is normally associated with the right to work and live in a country and to participate in political life. Naturalization is a way to acquire a nationality different from the nationality of origin.
Following are procedures on how to apply to obtain Hunduran citizenship through naturalization.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registro Nacional de las Personas, Honduras:
More information which might help people.