Egypt - Apply for Asylum Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- There are two routes for applying for asylum in Egypt.
In a Refugee Camp
- You start by fill out the form, then you can also put together a detailed affidavit.
- Go to the camp authorities this is the settlement commandant;
- The settlement commandant will grant you leave to remain in the camp;
- The refugee Eligibility Commission then determines your eligibility status to have asylum in Cairo.
- Upon arrival to the city center, go to the Crime Intelligence office at Police Station for registration;
- A card and date for further registration are given;
- On the scheduled date, carry all documents that will make your identity and profile clearer for example Passport, Identification Cards or academic certificates and report to the Office of the minister of Manpower and immigration with all your dependants for an interview;
- After the interview, one is registered a temporary Asylum Seeker attestation is issued;
- Then the applicant goes back to the Crime Intelligence office for second interview to determine his / her refugee status, which is done by the Refugee Eligibility Committee (REC);
- The decision is then communicated to the applicant by the Office of the Minister of manpower and immigration Department for Refugees.
- When you apply for asylum it can be a long drawn out process full of trials and tribulations.
- Valid passport
- even passport photos
- Two copies of employers incorporation contract
- Two copies of Tax ID card
- Two copies of academic qualifications (university degrees etc.)
- Approval from State Security Service in Egypt
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 - 22609368 - 22618019
- People who are fleeing insecurity in their original countries due to their:
- Political activities :
- Persecution of this kind means that you hold opinions that the authorities don't tolerate, most likely opinions that are critical of the government's policies or methods.
- personal opinion
- Their features
- Association of social group:
- An identifiable group of people whose government views it as a threat. Or it is described as a group sharing a common characteristic that is so fundamental to their individual identities that the members cannot -- or should not be expected to -- change it.
You need to only seek asylum if you have a real fear of returning to your homeland,
- Association of religious groups
This document is free of charge
It is valid for 4 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It take 6 months to process an asylum visa.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Asylum seekers must prove that they have a well-founded fear of future persecution for instance based on race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, and/or political opinion.;
- The persecution must either be carried out by the government or a group the government cannot control.
- A person who is granted political asylum may remain in the Uganda indefinitely and may apply for permanent residence after one year;
- Dependants above eighteen (18) years apply independently;
- Conform to all laws and regulations of the country;
- Conform to all measures taken for the maintenance of public order;
- Should not engage in activities which may endanger state security, harm public interest or disrupt public order;
- Should into engage in any political activities;
- Should not undertake any activities against another country;
- If engaged in gainful employment, one is obliged to pay taxes accordingly.
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- No. of dependants;
- Details of the form of insecurity in the applicants original country
Need for the Document
Asylum and refugee status are special legal protections available to people who have left their home country for their own safety and are afraid to return. Asylees are given permission to work and are allowed to apply for a green card (within one year of either entering any country or the United States as a refugee or being approved for asylum). Even if a foreign government stands by while someone else commits acts of persecution -- for example,
- If the authorities are unwilling or unable to exercise control while members of a vigilante squad gang up on gays and lesbians or while members of a guerilla group threaten or kidnap people who won't voluntarily join them, this too can qualify as persecution, which would support asylum or refugee status.
- Below Ill tell you the simple steps on how to get an Asylum Visa for Egypt.
Information which might help
But not everyone qualifies for asylum . You must meet some strict requirements, as described in above. In particular, you must show two very important things:
- You are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because you have been persecuted there in the past or have a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted if you go back.
- The reason you have been (or will be) persecuted is connected to one of the following things:
- your race,
- membership in a particular social group,
- your political opinion.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.