Wales - Obtain a Disabled Parking Permit (Blue Badge)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Download and complete the relevant application form. If you are unable to print the application form you may request for one by contacting Rhondda Cynon Tafs First Response Team on 01443 425003.
- Book an appointment at your preferred One4All Centre where you can submit your application. You may book an appointment by calling 01443 425003. Book a One4All appointment online - Blue Badge Application
- Submit your application along with your proof of identity, proof of address, passport photo and evidence of your entitlement to a Disabled Parking Badge.
Note: Make sure that you have read the guidance notes before completing and submitting your application.
If you would like an application pack sent out or if you think you or someone you care for needs help, contact:
First Response Team
Telephone: 01443 425003
Email: [email protected]
Apply directly online
You may also apply for a Disabled Parking Badge online directly at www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge. Please note, following online applications you are still required to attend your preferred One4All Centre to provide the evidence stated in Step 3 above.
- Completed application form
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Passport photo, no more than 6 months old (alternatively, staff at the One4All Centres can take your photograph for you during your appointment)
- Evidence of your entitlement to a Disabled Parking Badge
Office Locations & Contacts
Blue Badge Initial Enquiry Support Service
Email: [email protected]
Telephone (England): 0844 463 0213
Telephone (Scotland): 0844 463 0214
Telephone (Wales): 0844 463 0215
Applicants will automatically qualify for a Disabled Parking Badge by meeting any of the criteria listed below:
- Those who are blind (severely sight impaired) and can produce a signed Certificate of Vision Impairment
- Those who can submit evidence that they are in receipt of the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Those who can submit evidence that they are in receipt of the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- Those who can submit evidence that they are in receipt of a qualifying award under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme
- Those who are considered to have a permanent mental disorder and have been awarded tariff level 6 within the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme
- Those who can evidence that they are in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) that includes Mobility Activity 1 (descriptor f) or Mobility Activity 2 (descriptors c, d e or f)
To those who do not meet any of the automatic qualifying criteria, you may still apply for a Disabled Parking Badge if any of the following can be evidenced:
- Permanent and substantial walking difficulties
- Severe disability in both upper limbs, regularly drive a car and have difficulty using parking meters, or similar equipment
- You are applying on behalf of a child under the age of 3 years old who is accompanied by bulky medical equipment at all times, or requires immediate access to a motor vehicle in the event of emergency treatment being required
- A cognitive impairment that affects a persons ability to plan and follow a journey, to such an extent that constant supervision is required
Organisations who transport service users, who would qualify for a Disabled Parking Badge in their own right, may also be eligible to qualify.
In Wales, there is NO CHARGE for individual applications, although a charge of 10 can be made for organisational and replacement badges.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Disabled Parking Permit (Blue Badge) in Wales.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf Website:
More information which might help people.