Uzbekistan - Exchange Your Foreign Drivers License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit to apply for the procedure.
- Fill out the application form and pay all necessary fees.
- The completed application form must be submitted by the applicant in person along with all other required documents.
- Completed application form
- Two photographs of the applicant measuring 3x4 (candidate drivers should be photographed in civilian clothes)
- Health certificate
- Bank payment document confirming payment of fees for exams and issuance of the license
- Passport or other document
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Tashkent ul.Yu.Radzhaby d.1, index 100029
Phone: (+99871) 231-32-32 / 252-70-01
Email: [email protected]
Other Contact Numbers for the Ministry
General Directorate - Traffic Safety
Tashkent Sheyhantaur pH ul.Shoira d-1, index 100128
Phone: (+99871) 244-28-50 / 244-28-46
Email: [email protected]
Foreign citizens, stateless individuals, and employees of the diplomatic service may apply for the procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Application submitted by the following individuals are endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan's traffic police. Exchange of driving licenses in this category of foreign nationals are made ??without any exam:
- Heads and other staff (diplomatic, administrative and technical staff) of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign countries and representatives of international intergovernmental organizations and governmental organizations of foreign states, as well as representatives of foreign media accredited by the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In the presence of the relevant agreement, application submitted by foreign employees of NGO's , are subject to appeal to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan traffic police through the Ministry of Justice. This requires the applicant to go through a medical examination. Exchange of driving license is done after the exams.
Applications to replace driving licenses of foreign nationals and stateless persons, as well as driving licenses of citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan received in foreign countries, are reviewed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the GRSP. The license will be replaced after the applicant has passed a medical examination and the theoretical and practical test given before a license is replaced.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
Foreign citizens, stateless individuals, and employees of diplomatic services may use their international driving licenses and national driving licenses conforming to the Convention on Road Traffic (Vienna , November 8, 1968) in the Republic of Uzbekistan for a certain period as long as it is accompanied by a translation. If you will be staying in Uzbekistan for a long period, you may also choose to have your foreign license exchanged for a local one.
Following are procedures on how you can exchange your foreign driver's license into a driver's license issued by the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan - Website:
More information which might help people.