Difference between revisions of "United Kingdom - Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (Police Certificate)"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
==Office Locations & Contacts==
==Office Locations & Contacts==
Revision as of 01:43, 29 May 2021
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Office Locations & Contacts
- 3 Eligibility
- 4 Fees
- 5 Validity
- 6 Documents to Use
- 7 Sample Documents
- 8 Processing Time
- 9 Related Videos
- 10 Instructions
- 11 Required Information
- 12 Need for the Document
- 13 Information which might help
- 14 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 15 External Links
- 16 Others
PROCESS FOR CITIZENS AND NON CITIZENS OF UNITED KINGDOM – FOR BOTH WHO LIVE IN UK AND OVERSEAS:
- a. Apply online - United Kingdom Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (Police Certificate) Online with Images
- You can apply online using following link: link
- In the given page, please select the box for “Please tick here to confirm you have read this information” at the bottom and hit “Start request” tab to get the personal information prompt session.
- Applicant shall fill in the details and hit ”Go to Step 2” tab at the bottom to reach next session.
- Similarly, applicant should complete the contact details, address history, delivery options, additional information, proof of identity and then view the summary of the provided information by completing the page prompts.
- The submitted application will be processed by respective department.
- Certificate will be issued as per norms.
- b. Mail(post)
- Applicant should complete the application form and attach required documents along with payment proof for applying through mail.
- You can apply by mail to the below mentioned address.
- Application will be processed by the respective department.
- Certificate will be delivered by mail or as per the norms applicable.
- PO Box 481, Fareham,
- Hampshire, PO14 9FS,
- United Kingdom.
BUY CERTIFIED PROTECTIVE MASKS & MASK CHAINS
BRINE MED CARE offers TOP quality at attractive prices, we deliver to companies and private customers. Visit our website: - www.brineshop.ch for Switzerland - www.brineshop.de for Europe
Companies can request a special offer at [email protected]
The .BRINE team looks forward to hearing from you Thanks, Antonietta Harold If you no longer wish to hear from us, please reply me.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant with valid passport and a valid address proof.
- Age: 16 years and above. In case of minors, the application must be submitted by the parent exercising parental authority, if the minor has not turned 16 years.
- The current address of the applicant must be same as in the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who are in need of residential status, employment or long term visa or for immigration to a foreign nation.
- Standard service - £45.00 - 10 working days to process
- Premium service - £80.00 - 2 working days to process
- Fee varies for case to case. Updated fee requirement will be provided by respective authorities while applying.
- To pay
- Payment to the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire is via the Worldpay payment service using a debit or credit card.
- Use the link for payment details: pay details
- There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid.
- Validity norms vary from country to country.
Documents to Use
To help you complete your application form, please see an example of a completed form by following the link below.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 10 working days
- 2 days with additional payment.
- Processing time varies with respect to the country from where applied.
United Kingdom - Online Police Clearance Certificate (Police Certificate)
United Kingdom - Obtain A Police Clearance Certificate for Citizen (Police Certificate)
United Kingdom - Obtain A Police Clearance Certificate for Non-Citizen (Police Certificate - Foreigner)
- Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a statement from the National Identification Service, Subject Access Office, Room 331, New Scotland Yard, Broadway, London SW1 OBG.
- This statement will serve to advise the consular office whether or not any criminal conviction is held against the applicant. The National Identification Service does not accept applications from individual applicants; the request must be made through local police. By law, it can take up to 40 days to receive a response.
- Persons resident outside the United Kingdom should write to the Data Processing Officer of the police authority where they last resided in the United Kingdom to obtain the appropriate application form. Residents of the United Kingdom should apply to their local police station where they may obtain the application form. When completing the application form, the applicable category is Prosecution/Conviction History. The local police (or data protection officer), will submit the application to the National Identification Service and the response to the application will be sent directly to the applicant.
- Applicants are legally entitled to gain access to the information about themselves under Section 21 of the British Data Protection Act, 1984.
- name of the person (in case of change of name and surname and the original name or the original name or nickname if it is held),
- date of birth,
- identification number,
- place and district of birth,
- State of Birth
- permanent address,
- the alien's country of birth and,
- name and surname of father
- name and maiden name of mother.
Need for the Document
- You will require this documents for immigration services and when you are seeking employment your employer may seek your criminal record.
Information which might help
Criminal record checks when you apply for a role
Who can check your criminal record?
Employers can check your criminal record no matter what role you apply for. This is called a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For certain roles an employer can request a more detailed DBS check, for example if you’ll be working with children or in healthcare.
Your employer can still request a basic check if they cannot get a more detailed check for your role.
Find out what type of DBS check your employer can request for your role.
There are different rules for getting a criminal record check in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Types of check
The types of DBS check are:
- a basic check, which shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions
- a standard check, which shows any spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
- an enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
- an enhanced check with barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether you’re on the list of people barred from doing the role
- Check your own record
Your employer can ask you to request your own basic check.
It costs £25. You can then show it to the person you’ll be working for.
If you’re self-employed
If you’ve lived abroad
The check will not cover any time you lived outside the UK. The person requesting the check may ask you:
- to get a check in the country you lived in
- for your permission to get a check on your behalf through an embassy
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.