United Kingdom - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
Revision as of 11:03, 22 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #Pet Passports can be obtained from certain vets in EU countries, certain EU territories and some non-EU countries. If your vet doesnt issue pet passports, ask t...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Pet Passports can be obtained from certain vets in EU countries, certain EU territories and some non-EU countries. If your vet doesnt issue pet passports, ask them where can you get one, or contact the Animal and Plant Health Agency.
- Youll need to bring your pet, its identity and vaccination records and any rabies blood test results (if you have them) when you get a pet passport.
- Vaccination records
- Rabies blood test results (if you have them)
Office Locations & Contacts
Animal & Plant Health Agency
Animal movement licensing
Telephone: 03000 200 301
Email: [email protected]
For customers in Scotland and Wales, contact your local Field Services Office
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The passport is only valid if you meet the entry requirements. You dont need to get a new style passport (issued from 29 December 2014) until all the treatment spaces are full.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain a Pet Passport.
Information which might help
Before you travel: Check if your vet has filled in the following sections in the pet passport:
- details of ownership - you must sign section I if your pet passport was issued on or after 29 December 2014
- description of animal
- marking or identification of animal
- vaccination against rabies
- rabies blood test (if needed)
- details of the vet issuing the passport (for passports issued from 29 December 2014)
- your dogs tapeworm treatment (if needed)
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Pet passports list the different treatments your pet has had.
- You can enter or return to the UK with your pet cat, dog or ferret if it:
- has been microchipped
- has a pet passport or third-country official veterinary certificate
- has been vaccinated against rabies - it will also need a blood test if youre travelling from an unlisted country
More information which might help people.