United Kingdom - Apply for Phytosanitary Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Phytosanitary Certificate, Applicant shall approach the Plant Health Division. Contact details are listed below under the “office locations and contacts” section.
- You have to submit an Application form to the Plant Health Division’s official electronic address.
- Application form can be found on the following link: Link
- Download the application form and fill up your details.
- Please make sure you have all the required documents that are listed under the “Required Document” section of this page.
- The applicant shall send the duly filled application form and documents to the Plant Health Division by email.
- The Plant Health Division reviews the documents and schedules an inspection.
- The Officer in charge inspects the shipment destined for export.
- The applicant shall pay the prescribed fees on completion of inspection.
- Once the inspection yields satisfactory results, the inspector issues a Phytosanitary Certificate.
- Application form
- Commercial invoice
- Sales Contract
- Packing list
- Bill of lading
Office Locations & Contacts
Send the application on: [email protected]
Department for Environment,
Food and Rural Affairs DEFRA,
11G35, National Agri'Food Innovation Campus,
Sand Hutton, York,
YO41 1LZ, United Kingdom
- Registered exporter
A fee of £15 is payable for considering and issuing a certificate and a minimum fee of £27 is payable if an inspection is required. Inspections are time-based, meaning £27 for the first hour (including office and travel time) and £7.50 for each 15 minutes or part thereof thereafter with a minimum fee of £27.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Category of application
- Package type
- Area of production
- Country of origin
- Entry and Exit points
- Batch number
Need for the Document
Phytosanitary Certificate is used to attest that consignments meet Phytosanitary import requirements.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.