Wikiprocedure > United Arab Emirates

United Arab Emirates - Single Status Certificate / Certificate of Celibacy

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search




  1. Visit the sharia court or the notary public office in your place of residency or embassy/consulate representing your country in the UAE or the UAE Foreign affair Ministry office
  2. You should have the required documents original copies, required fees and be accompanied by two witness.
  3. Request for the application form and fill it correctly, you and the two witness will have sign an affidavit legally stating that you are single
  4. Pay the recommended fees and submit the filled application form with the required document to the attending officer who will verify your documents.
  5. If all the information are correct the legal issuing authority will sign and wet seal the certificate for authenticity purposes


  1. Visit UAE embassy/consulate official portal website in your country
    united arab emirates
  2. If the UAE embassy website offers this service read through the instruction carefully and then state your request for the petition
  3. Upload all the required documents make payment either by credit or debit card or through the bank and submit
  4. You will have to appear in person together with the two witness to sign the affidavit
  5. You may be required to take your single status certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs for an apostille stamp

Required Documents[edit]

  • Correctly filed application form
  • Original UAE Identification cards/passport of the applicant
  • Residential address of the applicant
  • Death certificate or divorce certification of former spouse in cases of re marry
  • Identification documents of the two witness
  • Foreigners a valid passport
  • Family book for U.A.E. nationals (original and copy)

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

The Ministry of Justice - Abu Dhabi
Al Khubirah, Sector 93, Street 5
P.O. Box: 260
Call Center: 800 333 333
Tel: +971 2 6921000
Fax: +971 2 6810680
For Internal Calls:
Tel: +971 2 6921108
Tel: +971 2 6921023




  • Person who wants to get marriage in unite Arab emirate either citizen or foreigner


Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links


Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 



Before you apply for a single status certificate, check with the consulate, embassy or local representative of the country in which you wish to marry to understand their legal requirements. You may be required to take your single status certificate to the Department of Foreign Affairs for an apostille stamp

Required Information[edit]

  • Full Name
  • Passport or ID number
  • Place and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Gender
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signature of the person who declares
  • Signature of the witnesses


Need for the Document[edit]

  • This is a confirmation of the applicants declaration of being not married before.
  • In order for non-nationals to marry in a foreign country you will most likely be required to produce legal documentation from your country of citizenship verifying single status and that you are free to marry. This is known as a 'Certificate of No Impediment', 'Certificate de Coutume', 'Certificate of Nulla Osta' or a 'Certificate of Freedom to Marry'.

Information which might help[edit]

Please also be aware that a standard Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment may be insufficient on its own to allow a marriage to take place in a foreign country. You may be required by the foreign authorities to comply with the following, so please ensure that you allow sufficient time for processing.

  • Certificates may need to be translated.
  • Certificates may need to be endorsed or exchanged for a locally acceptable version issued by your Embassy or Consulate in the country where you will marry.
  • Certificates may need to be legalized i.e. stamped with an official stamp known as an Apostille.
  • Certificates may require that witnesses swear an Affidavit stating that you are free to marry and that this is appended.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

  • This document will most likely be required as a supporting document if you are getting married in a foreign country.
  • This document can also be required for employment in a foreign country.

External Links[edit]

Moj Gov
Public Service.


More information which might help people.