United Arab Emirates - Replace a Lost / Damaged Drivers License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You can apply for a replacement driver's license online. Access the Ministry of Interior's website, to register click the link.
- After registering, login to the website and simply complete the E- Form - link.
- Pay the fees electronically.
- After paying, get the reference barcode.
- Attach the required documents:
- To replace damaged driver's license: damaged driving license the ID card
- To replace lost driver's license:
Letter from the employer (in case of driving licenses for trucks and mechanical equipments)
Authorised signatory (in case of driving licenses for trucks and mechanical equipments)
Emirates ID card NOC from the sponsor to collect the original driving license (in case of the driving license has heavy truck or mechanical equipment category)
- Once your transaction is finalized, a text message will be sent to you.
- Your license may be handed over to you by hand or by mail or Empost. Get in touch with your local Traffic and Licensing Office (see contact information below) in case you have any question.
- Replace damaged driver's license: damaged driving license the ID card
- Replace lost driver's license:
- Letter from the employer (in case of driving licenses for trucks and mechanical equipments)
- Authorised signatory (in case of driving licenses for trucks and mechanical equipments)
- Emirates ID card NOC from the sponsor to collect the original driving license (in case of the driving license has heavy truck or mechanical equipment category)
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior – Main Office
P.O Box : 398 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Call center : 800 5000
E-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 00971 2 4022 762 , 00971 2 4415 780
Geographic Location :
Zayed Sports City – Khaleej Al Arabi Street
– Near Sheik Zayed Mosque,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Vehicles Licensing Department
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Lost Drivers License: AED300
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.