United Arab Emirates - Renew Drivers License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Apply for the renewal of your driver's license by logging in to https://traffic.rta.ae
- Complete the online form and then upload all the scanned required documents.
- You will receive a temporary driving license that you must print. You may present your temporary license while waiting for the original license which can be delivered through 2 channels:
Customer Happiness Centres in Deira or Al Barsha.
By courier, with an additional fee of 20 AED.
Mobile App (Dubai)
- You may also have your license renewed through Dubai Drive mobile app.
- Download the app.
- Register your personal info.
- Complete the online application.
Renew in person through the centres or kiosk:
- Visit a centre or kiosk.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Pay all the due fines in one of the above mentioned Customer Happiness Centers.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior – Main Office
P.O Box : 398 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Call center : 800 5000
E-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 00971 2 4022 762 , 00971 2 4415 780
Geographic Location :
Zayed Sports City – Khaleej Al Arabi Street
– Near Sheik Zayed Mosque,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Vehicles Licensing Department
Roads & Transport Authority (RTA)
800 90 90
Overseas callers 24/7: +971 4 605 1414
Tel: +971 4 284 4444
Fax +971 4 206 5555
E-mail: [email protected]
Roads & Transport Authority
P. O. Box: 118899
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- 100 AED for renewing a driver license if the customer is younger than 21-years-old
- 300 AED for renewing a driver license if the customer is older than 21-years-old
- + 20 AED knowledge and innovation fees
Note: The fine for the delay in renewing the driving license is 10 AED per month, with a maximum of 500 AED.
- License issued to individuals above 65 years old: 3 years
- Between 21 years old and 65 years old:
- UAE Nationals: 10 Years
- Citizens: 5 Years
- Below 21 Years old: 1 Year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.