United Arab Emirates - Obtain Import Permit for Pets (Cats/Dogs Pet Passport)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to Ministry of Climate Change and Environment's e-services page - link. Note: To star your application, you will need to register and signup to have your personal user name in the system.
- Complete the e-form.
- Pay the fees. Payment should be paid by E-Dirham, MASTER or VISA card.
- Issuance of electronic permit.
If you are outside United Arab Emirates
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest UAE Mission in the country you are currently staying. They may be able to help you submit your request to obtain an import permit for your pet/s.
You will need the following documents when you apply for the procedure:
- Copy of customer's passport
- A copy of passport of animal or vaccination certificate
- A copy of the blood test (from requested countries as per governing decision)
Documents the owner must present upon arrival at port of entry / UAE:
- Original Vaccination card or animal passport includes pet microchip, date of birth, validity of treatments, Rabies vaccination and other vaccinations records (dates, manufacturer, batch No. ,vacc. stickersetc.).
- Valid original official health certificate from the exporting country illustrates pet identification Microchip and that the animal has been examined and show satisfactory health symptoms.
- Original Certificate for Rabies Serum Neutralization test (RSNT) conducted within the 90 days prior to travel attesting a minimum titer of 0.5IU/ml or above , this certificate is NOT required from these countries : Australia, Austria, Andorra, Aruba, Barbados, Bahrain, Belgium, Comoros, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, French Polynesia, Falkland Island, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Mauritius, Malta, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, San Marino, Seychelles, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Vanuatu
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Climate Change and Environment
Abu Dhabi Main Office:
Old Airport Road
Opposite Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions & Benefits Fund
P.O. Box 213
Tel : 971 02 4444747
Fax: 971 02 4490444
Dubai Main Office:
Abu Hail Street
P.O. Box 1509
Tel: 971 04 2148424
Fax: 971 04 2655822
Branches that provide the service:
- Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Customer Service Center
- Dubai: Dubai Customer Service Center
- Sharjah: Al Dhaid Customer Service Center
- Ras Al Khaimah: Ras Al Khaimah Customer Service Center
- Fujairah: Fujairah Customer Service Center
Call Center: 8003050
Email: [email protected]
Pet has to be shipped in manifested cargo as per IATA regulations.
Note: You can check IATA's website - link, to know about conditions for carrying pets.
The following breeds of dogs are prohibited to be imported into UAE
- All Kinds Pit Bull
- Japanese Tosa (TosaInu; Tosa Fighting Dog),
- Argentinian Fighting Dog (DogoArgentino; Argentinian Mastiff),
- Brazilian Fighting Dog (Fila Brasileino; Brazilian Mastiff),
- Wolf Dog Hybrid ( Any dog mixed with a wolf),
- American Staffordshire terrier.
- Import permit fee: 500 Dhs for one pet (cat or dog)
- Inspection fees:
- Cats: 500 Dhs for each cat upon entry,
- Dogs: 1000 Dhs for each dog upon entry
Import Permit for Pets (Cats/Dogs) : 30 days
Note: You are not allowed to import pets with an expired import permit.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Applications submitted online:
- Average time for application submission: 5 minutes
- Average time to obtain approval on complete applications that fulfill the terms and conditions: 7minutes
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Import permits for pets (cats/dogs) are issued through the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment's website.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain import permit for your pet dog or cat.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.