United Arab Emirates - Guidance To Apply Student Loan
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Education Loan - Banks:
- The student or the student's parent/guardian may apply for the loan. Gather all documents you may need to present or submit to the bank. Documentation may be different for applicants who holds a credit card issued by the bank where the loan is being obtained from.
- Complete an application, make sure that you have provided all the required information in the form. Most forms can be downloaded from the bank's website.
- Submitting an application:
- In person: Most loan applications are done in person, with the applicant or his/her guardian going to the bank, you may set up an appointment with the bank by giving them a ring. Submit the completed application form along with other required documents. Note: Banks may ask you to submit additional documents aside from the ones listed on the 'Required documents' section. It will be better if you can get in touch with the bank's representative/lending officer/customer service by phone first before you go to bank's branch. They can give you a checklist of required documents, answer some of your queries and direct you to the nearest branch of the bank in your area.
- Online: To save you some time, you may also check if you can start your loan application online. Some banks will ask applicants to complete a preliminary application to be submitted electronically, with some of the required documents sent via email. After reviewing the application, a lending officer will contact you to discuss your application.
- By Phone: Some banks can also process loan application by phone. Start your application by calling the bank's customer service number, make sure that you can provide basic information needed in the application like how much do you need to borrow, university and course info, company details etc.
- Once your application is approved, the bank will ask you or your parent/guardian to sign the loan agreement. Note: Read the loan agreement carefully before you sign, take note of the interest rate, grace period, when you will start repaying the loan and any penalties in case of default.
Some of the documents that a bank might ask applicants to submit or present:
- Valid Passport and Visa Page
- Latest Salary certificate or Carbonized Pay slip - You may not need to submit this if you are a credit cardholder
- Credit card statement and Copy of card front side
- Bank Statements (Lastest 3 months) - You may not need to submit this if you are a credit cardholder
- Offer Letter or Invoice Copy from School
- Post dated cheques
- One undated security cheque
Note: The bank may ask you to present additional documents, check the bank's website first before going to their branch office to apply for a loan.
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
- Minimum Income: AED 8,000
- Parents, students, working professionals may apply for the loan
Eligibility criteria may vary per bank.
Banks may ask borrowers to pay a processing fee that is about 1% of the loan amount (Min. AED 500), some banks may also require applicants to pay for the insurance (Up to 1% of Loan Amount).
Some banks offers education loans with repayment period of up to 48 months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Before applying for a student loan:
- Make sure that you can present and submit all the required documents that the bank is asking for.
- Take note of the interest rate, conditions, and repayment scheme that the bank is offering. Look into several banks and do some research regarding the banks application process.
- Loan amount: You may not need to accept the entire amount of the loan the bank is offering you. Remember that what you are getting is not a grant but a loan, meaning you will need to pay back everything plus interest sometime in the future.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Some banks in United Arab Emirates offers education loans that can help cover school related expenses like tuition fees, travel, accommodation and daily expenses.
Education loan schemes are designed to make the student's academic life easier with its interest rate substantially lower than other personal loans offered by the bank and some banks offers loans with repayment period of up to 48 months.
Here is a guide that can help students/parents/working professionals apply for student/education finance in United Arab Emirates.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.