United Arab Emirates - Apply for Replacement Identification (ID) Card (Below age 15)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the location where the service is provided, and report the lost of the ID.
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit the required documents to one of the accredited typing offices.
- Pay the registration fees, typing fees, and receive the registration application form.
- Wait for the notification in the form of a text message coming from Emirates Identity Authority stating that the card is ready and where you can pick it up.
- Original Passport (valid)
- Original Family Book
- Personal photo (4.5 x 3.5 cm) with a white background or light blue.
- The ID card that will be replaced; if not available, ID number certificate can be extracted from the main registration centers affiliated to Emirates ID Authority.
- Original birth certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Mohamed Bin Zayed City - Mayzad Mall Tower 3 7th Floor
P.O. Box : 47999
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 4955555
Fax: +971 2 4955550
Email: [email protected]
- For UAE Nationals with Social Insurance and below the age of 15.
Card Fees: AED 300
Registration and Issuance Fees:
- Issuance and renewal of identity cards for UAE nationals and of Gulf Cooperation Council nationals (for 5 years): AED 100
- Issuance and renewal of identity cards to residents (per year in residence): AED 100
- Issuance of a substitute ID card for lost or damaged one: AED 300
- Modifying data requires a new card issuance and with the duration of the old ID card: AED 150
- Service of providing mobile car (for individuals + per family + per day): AED 1000
- Urgent service fee: AED 150
Additional AED 70 for Application form and typing services fees
Delay Fees: AED 20 for each day of delay, up to the maximum amount of AED 1000.
- Delay in registration or issuance of the identity card
- Delay in the renewal of ID card (after 30 days from the expiry date of the card)
- Delay in reporting on any change in the data (30 days after the change occurrence)
- Fees applies to all age groups
- Categories free from any fees (category of Social Security and people with disabilities and autism)
- Services not covered by the exemption of fees: (mobile car service + urgent service)
ID card for UAE Nationals is valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
ID card holders who have lost their ID must immediately inform the authority about the lost, this may done by visiting the nearest registration center, and order the cancellation of the ID card and the issuance of the ID number certificate. You will need the certificate to begin the ID replacement process. Application for replacement of ID card may be done through one of the accredited typing offices, or through the electronic form available on the authoritys website, then visiting of the authoritys registration centers located across the country to finish the procedure.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Established in accordance with Federal Decree No.2 for 2004, the Emirates Identity Authority is in charge of creating a Population Registry System in UAE. It is responsible in registering individual data and civil incidents for UAE nationals and non nationals residing in the country, and the issuance of a card called the ID card to all registered individuals.
Following are procedures on how to apply for a replacement ID card.
Information which might help
The Identity Card is made of a plastic material made of polyester known as (Melinex). The card bears the name, nationality and gender of the holder. The date when the card is issued is also printed on the card.
Each holder possess an identification number that will be used in every transaction with the authority. Through this number, the holder may benefit from all the governmental and some of the non-governmental and private entities services, which require providing evidence of identity. The identity number is unique. It includes 15 characters.
The electronic chip embedded in the card includes the personal data to be read automatically in usages that require the holder to provide an identity evidence and authentication. Some of these data are encrypted and only readable/writable/updatable by the authorized authorities in order to protect the privacy of data. The chip may store up to 32 thousand letters of information.
The Card made with state of the art technology in the field of smart cards, including the accurate letters, ultra violet ink and line drawing. It has nine security features which makes falsification of the card very difficult for such features excels the current used standards in many cards such as the banking credit cards.
ID Card Holders Duties:
- Not to tamper with, erase, amend or distort the ID Card
- Must carry the ID Card at all times and produce it whenever required by law and abide by the dates and legal procedures required for renewing, replacing or delivering the ID Card.
- Report to the authorities any changes in his/her details of the Card within one month from the date of change.
- Report the loss of ID card to Emirates ID service point within 7 days from the date of loss
- Apply for a replacement for the damaged or lost card and pay proper fees in addition to submitting a declaration that the ID card is not taken or reserved at any authority or organization.
- Notify the nearest Emirates ID service point within 7 days if the ID card is partially or entirely damaged, making it impossible to be used for the purpose it is made for. In this case, the card holder should apply for a replacement for damaged or lost card and pay proper fees.
- Do not leave the ID card at any organization unless there is a decision or judgment passed by a competent court.
- In case you find an ID Card belonging to someone else, please hand it the nearest Emirates ID service point or the nearest police station.
Note: All ID Card holders must abide by the above directions. Legal guardian or his replacement should assume the responsibility of implementing the above directions.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Possesing an ID Card is mandatory for all citizen and legal residents of UAE.
- The card is used as a form of identity identification and verification as per International Standards.
- The card also protects its holder from fraud & identity theft.
- It can be used to access Secure eServices.
- The card also acts as a portable personal database.
- Emirates Identity Authority:
- Frequently Asked Question About the National ID:
More information which might help people.