Turks and Caicos Islands - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importing your pets:
- Have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Turks and Caicos Islands will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- If you are outside Turks and Caicos Islands : You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest British Embassy in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permit for pets.
- When making arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Turks and Caicos Islands. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Import Permit: An application form must be completed and submitted to the Animal Health Service to obtain an import permit. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form. Your application must be processed and approved at least one week prior to travel.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
ANIMAL HEALTH SERVICES
BUTTERFIELD SQUARE, 16 PARADISE AVENUE,
PROVIDENCIALES, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
Email: [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Turks and Caicos Islands and how can you obtain a Pet Passport and import permit for your pets.
Information which might help
The following breeds are prohibited from entry into the islands.
- Any breed of Bulldog
- Any breed of Mastiff
- Any Pit Bull including the American Staffordshire Terrier, the Pit Bull Terrier, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a mixed-breed dog which has any Pit Bull lineage.
- Canary dog, or Presa Canario
- Doberman Pinscher
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brazilliero
- Japanese Tosa
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Roman Fighting Dog
- South African Boerboel
- A dog which appears to have been bred for fighting
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.