Turks and Caicos Islands - Obtain Business License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a business license, you will need to complete and submit an application to the Revenue Department. Any business engaged in several distinct activities must acquire a license for each appropriate category.
- The Business License application is a four page form that must be completed and turned in to TCI Investment Agency.
- For businesses that require additional licenses for various activities such as liquor sales, need to go through separate channels to attain those licenses prior to commencement of operations.
And businesses whose employees need to be licensed, such as medical practitioners, need to ensure that their employees are appropriately licensed separate from their business license.
- Annual fees for business licenses range from $100-$7500, depending on the type of business. All business license expire on March 31, regardless of when they are obtained. Licenses Fees must be paid annually by April 1st.
Note: Businesses such as banking, insurance, and provision of corporate management require separate legislation and therefore have different forms and procedures.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Finance, Trade and Investment
Turks and Caicos Islands Government
N.J.S. Francis Building
Pond Street, Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos Islands
Telephone: (649) 946-1587
Fax: (649) 946-1498
All individuals or corporations wishing to engage in business activities in the TCI are required to carry a Business License.
Annual fees for business licenses range from $100-$7500, depending on the type of business.
There are currently 15 categories of business activities and over 200 fee classifications. Eighteen classifications are restricted and 90 classifications are reserved for Belongs or Turks and Caicos Islander controlled business.
There is a $50 fee for business name registration, unless the name is the name of the person or their initials.
All business license expire on March 31, regardless of when they are obtained. Licenses Fees must be paid annually by April 1st
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
An application for a business license must be submitted to the Revenue Department.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can obtain a business license in Turks and Caicos Islands.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.