Tunisia - Register Death
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The death is registered in the district where the death occured.
- Informants will be required to complete a registration form with the assistance of the clerk.
- After the form has been completed, the clerk will check it and make sure that all the information entered in the form is correct.
- The Death Certificate will be issued after registration.
Registering death overseas
- Go to the nearest embassy or diplomatic mission of Tunisia in the country you are currently staying. You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the embassy. The Embassy's consular service section will process your request to have the death registered.
- You will need to submit the excerpt of death established by foreign authorities and the birth record of the deceased.
- Death Registration Form
- Valid identification of the informant
- For deaths occurring outside Tunisia:
- Excerpt of death established by foreign authorities
- Birth record of the deceased
Office Locations & Contacts
- The deceased must be of Tunisian nationality
- Death must have occurred in the competent consular district (for deaths abroad)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how a death is registered in Tunisia.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.