Tunisia - Apply for a passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit the required documents at the police post or territorial jurisdiction National Guard)
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the application fee
- Applicant abroad can apply for a passport at Embassy or consulate or diplomatic representative).
- A printout of obtaining a regular passport readable machine, fill and put the signature in the box applicant can download it from http://www.tunisie.gov.tn/passport.pdf
- Copy of the national identity with presentation of the original or a birth certificate for minors Map. - 4 pictures with the following features: * white * size 3.5/4.5 cm
- Proof of schooling for pupils and students.
- Authorization guardian for minors accompanied by a copy of its national identity card.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of the Interior
Address: Avenue Habib Bourguiba 1000 Tunis, Tunisia
Phone: (+216 71) 333 000
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Avenue de la Ligue des Etats arabes, Nord Hilton 1030 Tunis
Tl. : +216 71 847 500
Fax : +216 71 785 025
e-mail : [email protected]
All citizens of Tunisia are eligible
A tax stamp: 20 dinars for pupils, students and children under 6 years
60 dinars for others.
The passport is valid for a period of five years and is written in Arabic and French.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
In the case of a married woman whose husband's family names do not appear on the former passport, the applicant must provide a marriage certificate that also indicates the marriage and the husband's family name.
- Holders family name,
- Given name,
- Date of birth and place of birth;
- The place and date the passport was issued;
- Passports expiration date.
Need for the Document
The Tunisian passport is issued to citizens of Tunisia for international travel.
There are three main types of passport:
1 - Regular (dark green) passport, issued to citizens for international travel, valid for 5 years.
2 - "Special" (official) passport (passeport spcial, burgundy), issued to Tunisians travelling on official business.
3 - Diplomatic (navy blue) passport, issued to Tunisian diplomats and their relatives.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for identification
- Used as a proof of citizenship
More information which might help people.