Tunisia - Apply for Residence Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the police station near your residence.
- Proceed to the officials who deals with residence permit and ask for documents required.
- Submit the requirements.
- A temporary residence permit will be provided to you after you have submitted all the requirements and filled out the requests form.
- The police station will call you if your permanent residence permit is ready for pick up.
- copies of pages from the passport (original)
- rental contract
- Attestation of employment from CEMAT
- Copy of the CEMAT/Ministry of Education Cooperation Agreement
- 3 identification photographs
- ten dinar fiscal stamp
Office Locations & Contacts
Center D'Etudes Maghrebines A Tunis
Telephone Number: (+216) 71.326.219
Email address: [email protected]
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- The temporary residence permit is valid for 1 month.
- The residence permit is valid for a year after you applied for it.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Getting a residence permit is a long process. It was introduced by the French during the protectorate period. Be patient and be prepared to return several times. You may be asked for additional documents and there may be delays.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can apply for Tunisian Residence Permit within three months after your arrival.
- If you are a US citizen, you can legally come to Tunisia without a visa and stay for up to four months. However, if you stay in Tunisia for longer than four months without a Carte de Sejour you become an illegal alien.
- The Consulate at the US Embassy says that the official limit for staying without a Carte de Sejour is four months, but some Tunisian customs officials have been known to insist that the rule is three months.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Tunisian Carte de Sejour or Residence Permit is an important document that you need to obtain in Tunisia if you are in Tunisia for an uninterrupted stay of more than four months. It is your basic identification card, like a driver's license in the U.S.
Information which might help
The Carte de Sejour is a laminated card about four by three inches with your name, photograph, nationality, date of birth, a number, an expiration date, and on the back your profession and residence address.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.