Taiwan - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Motor Vehicles Office.
- Submit the required documents.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay the necessary fee.
- Copy of both sides of the I.D. card and the drivers license
- Recent passport size photo x 1 (your name and I.D. card number must be written at the back)
Office Locations & Contacts
Taipei Motor Vehicles Office
- No.7,Lane 248,Jhongjheng Rd.,
Shulin Dist., New Taipei City 238,
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 17 :00
- For a complete list of contact information: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/WhitePaper.html
The applicant must be above 18 years old.
- For applications by mail (include postage) - $232
- Payment by cash or bill of exchange- $225 (include postage)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver license must always be renewed if it has expired so that it will still be valid.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Taipei Motor Vehicle Offices: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/Renewal.html#Renewal
More information which might help people.