Taiwan - Obtain an Alien Permanent Resident Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit.
- Submit the completed APRC application form to the designated local NIA service center. Upon initial review were processed, the local center will forward your application to the headquarters of the NIA for secondary review.
- Pay the application fee.
- A completed application form.
- A color photo(same size as ID card photo).
- The original and one photocopy of new and old passports. The original shall be returned after verification.
- The original and one photocopy of Alien Residence Certificate. The original shall be returned after verification.
- A satisfactory health examination certificate. The health examination form used by major hospitals shall be the Mandatory Examination Items for Health Examination Certificate (Form B) promulgated by the National Health Agency of the Executive Yuan.
- Certificates of financial assets or special skills and talents.
- Certificates of criminal record of the last 5 years issued by the government of the applicants home country and by the ROC.
- Other related certificates, i.e., household certificate transcript, marriage certificate, working permit approval documents, or other documents applicable.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Immigration Agency
No. 15, Guangjhou St., Jhongjheng District,
Taipei City 100-66, Taiwan, ROC.
Headquarters TEL: 886-2-2388-9393
National Immigration Agency Service Centers
Information for Foreigners: 0800-024-111
Who may apply for an APRC: a foreigner who has legally and continuously resided in the State for five years and has stayed for more than one hundred and eighty-three days each year, or the alien spouse and/or children of a national with valid household registration in the Taiwan Area who have legally resided in the State for ten years, during which period the spouse and/or children have physically resided in the State for more than one hundred and eighty-three days each year for at least five years. An application for APRC pursuant to above shall be submitted within two years after the period of stay and residence meets the requirement.
Application Fee: NT$10,000 (payable upon notice after approval by secondary review).
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 14 working days to process your application, excluding the time period needed for submitting additional documents, interviews or verification by related authorities.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Processing of Alien Resident Certificate applications is administered by each county/city service center of the National Immigration Agency.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Information for Foreigners in Taiwan - Website:
More information which might help people.