Taiwan - Obtain a Visitors Visa
Revision as of 08:16, 22 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #Submit an application to the overseas mission of the Republic of China(ROC) #The consular office will then examine your application and request an interview if...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit an application to the overseas mission of the Republic of China(ROC)
- The consular office will then examine your application and request an interview if necessary.
- Cases that will need further review should be referred to the Bureau of Consular Affairs for approval.
- The applicant's Guarantor in ROC will submit a letter of Guarantee for Visa Application to the Bureau of Consular Affairs which will then notify the overseas mission to either issue or reject the visa.
- Once the visa is in the possession of the applicant, he/she must enter the ROC before expiration date of the visa. Holders of visas bearing No Extension may not apply for extension, unless his/her request for changing to an extendable visa is approved by the Bureau of Consular Affairs. While holders of a 60-day stay visa that does not bear the stamp No Extension Will Be Granted may apply for a maximum of two 60-day extensions at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency.
Procedures for Nationals of the Designated Countries Applying for Visitor Visas to the Republic of China?R.O.C.?
For citizens of the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the following procedures?
- India (Identity Certificate)
- Sri Lanka
Nationals of the above mentioned countries may apply for the R.O.C. visitor visas for the following purposes?
- Invited by the Republic of China (R.O.C.) government agencies on official missions.
- Participating in international meetings or activities for the purposes of religious, athletic, or cultural exchange, which are held by the organizations set up in the R.O.C.
- Visiting dependents with legal residence status in the R.O.C., including spouse, family members of lineal relationship, or siblings.
- Conducting economic or commercial businesses.?including accompanied spouse and children?
- Crew members intending to come to the R.O.C. to report for duty.
Nationals of the following countries may submit their visitor visas application form to the R.O.C at the following designated overseas missions?
- Burma/Myanmar (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand )
- Nepal (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in New Delhi)
- India (Identity Certificate) (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in New Delhi)
- Nigeria (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria )
- Ghana (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria )
Nationals from the following countries are required to obtain a Guarantee from their sponsors in Taiwan?
- Burma/Myanmar?The visa applicants are obliged to obtain a Guarantee from their sponsors in Taiwan and then submit it together with other required documents of visa application to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand?
As for other particular cases of visa application from the designated countries, the overseas missions of the R.O.C. might request a Guarantee from the applicants sponsor in Taiwan if necessary.
For visa applicants of the designated countries who intend to come to the R.O.C. to conduct economic and commercial businesses, their sponsors in the R.O.C. may submit relevant documents together with a cable fee?50 NT dollars each?to the Bureau (Counter Nos.31?33, 3rd floor) . After examination, the Bureau will notify the designated R.O.C. foreign mission. The mission will then review other necessary documents submitted by the visa applicants in person, give an interview and make a final decision in the case.
- Article 12 of Statute Governing Issuance of ROC Visa in Foreign Passports states, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the R.O.C. or ROC overseas missions are not required to give any reason to a visa applicant for refusal.
- The forms of visa application and Guarantee can be downloaded from the Bureau's website and are available free of charge at the Bureau of Consular Affairs and branch offices of MOFA.
- A passport valid for at least six months
- A duly completed application form with two photos taken within the past six months
- An outbound airline ticket or verifiable proof of purchase of steamship ticket
- Documents verifying the purpose of the visit
- Other relevant documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Republic of China (TAIWAN)
Address?3~5 Fl, 2-2 Chi-Nan Rd, Sec 1, Taipei, 10051, ROC(Taiwan)
ROC Embassies and Missions Abroad
Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the following purposes:
- visit relatives
- undertake visits
- undertake inspection tours
- attend international conferences
- conduct business
- pursue short-term study
- undertake short-term employment
- undertake short-term missionary work
- engage in other activities in the ROC as approved by MOFA
For foreign nationals from the countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the visa is issued for free.
For other foreign nationals, the visa fees are:
- Single entry: NT$ 1,600 (US$ 50)
- Multiple entries: NT$ 3,200 (US$ 100)
- For American passport holders: NT$4,960(US$160 )
For foreign nationals from countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the validity of their Visitor Visas shall be decided in accordance with these agreements.
For other foreign nationals, a Visitor Visa is generally valid from three months up to one year.
Duration of stay:
- Fourteen days
- Thirty days
- Sixty days
- Ninety days
Note: Holders of Visitor Visas who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty or ninety days and whose visas bear no such remark as "no extension will be granted" may apply at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency for a maximum of 120 or 90 days of extensions.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Visitor's Visa in Taiwan.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Bureau of Consular Affairs Website:
More information which might help people.