Taiwan - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Taiwan will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- If you are outside Taiwan: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest ROC Embassy or Mission in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permits for pets.
- When making arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Taiwan. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Obtain an Import Permit: You must apply for an import permit for your dog/cat through BAPHIQ no less than 30 days prior to shipment. Rules on Importation of Dogs or Cats into Taiwan
- Arrival in Taiwan: When your pet arrives in Taiwan at the airport of entry, you must submit the following documents to the animal quarantine officers of BAPHIQ to declare quarantine:
- Import Permit
- Original Veterinary Certificate issued by the animal quarantine authority of the exporting country (with official stamp and signature of the quarantine officer).
- Customs declaration form (to be filled on arrival at the airport of entry) or bill of lading (to be submitted upon cargo arrival).
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine
Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan
9Fl., No. 51, Sec. 2, Chungching S. Rd., Jungjeng District, Taipei City
10075, Taiwan, ROC.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Taiwan and how can you obtain a Pet Passport and import permit for pets.
Information which might help
Make sure to apply for an import permit no less than 30 days prior to shipment. If the Import Permit is unavailable or the information specified in the Veterinary Certificate issued by the exporting country does not meet the requirements, the dog/cat will be returned, destroyed or quarantined for at least 21 days.
A dog/cat not accompanied by the original Veterinary Certificate issued by the animal quarantine authority of the exporting country will be returned or destroyed.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.