Taiwan - Obtain a Landing Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants / Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport may apply for a landing visa at the Visa Office of Consular Affairs Bureau at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Fill out an application form and submit it along with two photos of the applicant. Pay all applicable fees.
- Applicants/ Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taipei SongShan Airport, the Taichung Airport and the Kaohsiung International Airport shall apply for "temporary entry permit" at Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency . To avoid getting a bad record in Taiwan, the holder of temporary entry permit should apply for a visa as soon as possible at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or at either of the branch offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taichung or Kaohsiung. The holder will need to submit his/her passport, temporary entry permit when applying for the visa.
Note: In the event of a long national holiday, the holder may apply for a visa at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TIA) Visa Office, Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- Completed application form
- Two photos of the applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Republic of China (TAIWAN)
Address?3~5 Fl, 2-2 Chi-Nan Rd, Sec 1, Taipei, 10051, ROC(Taiwan)
ROC Embassies and Missions Abroad
Nationals of countries eligible to apply for a Landing Visas :
- Holders of Bruneian passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of Turkish passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of Macedonian passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of emergency or temporary passports with validity of more than six months for nationals of those countries(except for US) eligible for visa-exempt entry.
Note: Applicants must have no criminal record or not prohibited by the local authorities.
Citizens of countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued landing visas for free.
- Visa fee: NT$ 1,600 plus a handling fee of NT$ 800;
- For Turkish citizens: Visa and handling fee shall be NT$800.
Duration of stay:
- For Bruneian passport holders: The 14-day duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.
- Other eligible passengers: The 30-day duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.
Note: Landing visas cannot be converted to visitor or resident visa under normal circumstances.
Ports of entry: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei SongShan Airport, Taichung Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Landing Visa in Taiwan.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Bureau of Consular Affairs Website:
More information which might help people.