Taiwan - Modifying Information Related to License Plate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Motor Vehicles Office.
- Submit the required documents.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay the necessary fee.
- The driving permit
- Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance certificate
- Owner copy of the new license plate registration certificate held by the previous owner (exempt for motorcycles)
- Change of the owner name and address:
- original copy of the citizen's identification card (for individuals)
- copy of the Certificate of Business Registration (corporate applicant).
- Shall enclose the creditor's letter of consent for pledged vehicles. Enclose a copy of the contract if the new address is located outside the local office.
- Alteration of automobiles appearance, seats and colors etc.
Change of address by an individual may be accepted with the supply of the household registration certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Taipei Motor Vehicles Office
- No.7,Lane 248,Jhongjheng Rd.,
Shulin Dist., New Taipei City 238,
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 17 :00
- For a complete list of contact information: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/WhitePaper.html
It is applicable for vehicle owners who have changed address or name.
- Automobile (trailer): - $200
- Motorcycle - $150
Motorcycle owners shall pay the fuel tax for two consecutive years upon expiration of the driving permit.
An additional $450 fee applies to pledged vehicles.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The applicant must settle any outstanding taxes (including taxes for the current period) and fines prior to applying.
- All automobiles shall pass the inspection first if overdue for an inspection.
- The applicant must complete the alteration registration procedures 1 month within the date on which the inspection on alterations was completed.
- The owners of pledged vehicles are only permitted to apply at their local office.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
All information pertaining to license plate should be up-to-date. In case a vehicle owner changes his name or address, he must modify the information in order for the license plate to be valid.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Taipei Motor Vehicle Offices: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/Vehicle.html
More information which might help people.