Taiwan - Apply for New License Plate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Motor Vehicles Office.
- Submit the required documents.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay the necessary fee.
- Proof of Identity Documents:
- Individual: original copy of the Citizens? Identification Card or a valid driver license.
- Corporate: copy of the Certificate of Business Registration.
- Organization/groups: certificate of establishment and the tax registration code issued by the taxation authority.
- Two copies of the new license plate registration certificate for automobiles (motorcycles) that passed the inspection.
- New License Plate:
- Manufacturer certificate and tax clearance certificate (locally manufactured vehicles) or clearance certificates for custom duties and goods tax (tax exemption certificate), the manufacturer? certificate (imported vehicles).
- GUI (mark the vin number and car number for locally manufactured vehicles, mark the vin number for imported vehicles)
- Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance certificate issued under the name of the registered owner.
Office Locations & Contacts
Taipei Motor Vehicles Office
- No.7,Lane 248,Jhongjheng Rd.,
Shulin Dist., New Taipei City 238,
- Monday through Friday,8 : 00 - 17 : 00
- For a complete list of contact information: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/WhitePaper.html
It is applicable to Taiwan vehicle owners who owned new vehicles in Taiwan.
- Large vehicle: $600
- Small vehicle: $450
- Trailer: $450
- Motorcycle: $200
License plate fee:
- Automobile: $600
- Motorcycle: $300
- Trailer: $400
Number selection fee:
- $2,000 per number except for numbers on standard plates.
Motorcycle owners shall pay the fuel tax for two consecutive years.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The applicant must settle any outstanding taxes (including taxes for the current period) and fines prior to applying.
- The applicant must enclose the creditor, letter of consent for pledged vehicles and pay a $450 fee.
- All vehicles must be inspected to qualify for a license plate.
- All vehicles for business use, pawned vehicles, large private-use vehicle, private-use delivery van, vehicles handed over by the court or other vehicles subject to special restrictions shall be registered in accordance with the relevant regulations.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
All motor vehicles in Taiwan are required to be registered and display its new license plates. The plates are issued and managed by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MoTC). The vehicle registration numbers in Taiwan contains Latin alphabets (A to Z), Arabic numerals (0 to 9) and Dash (); some special types also contains Chinese Characters.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Taipei Motor Vehicle Offices: http://tmvso.thb.gov.tw/English/Vehicle.html
More information which might help people.