Solomon Islands - Register as Foreign Investor
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete the Registration Form. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form. Make sure that you fill out the form correctly and you provide all required information.
- Submit your application to the Registrar of Investment.
- Pay the application fee.
- The Registrar of Investment will review your application.
- Once your application is approved, the Registrar will:
- record the prescribed information relating to the investment activity
- issue to the foreign investor the Certificate of Registration for the investment activity.
- After you have received the Certificate of Registration you are now legally qualified to proceed and conduct your business in the Solomon Islands under the approved investment activities.
- Completed registration form
- Other Requirements: Registering of an investment activity requires that foreign investors also observe the labor and immigration acts. Under these acts foreign investors must obtain the following documents:
- Work Permit issued by the Commissioner of Labor
- Residence Permit issued by the Director of Immigration.
Office Locations & Contacts
Foreign Investment Division
Department of Commerce, Employment & Industries
Telephone: +677 22856 ext 209/210
Inland Revenue Commission
Commissioner of Labour Division
Custom and Excise
Manager Economic Department
PO Box 634
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Application Fee: SBD$200.00
The fee is payable to the Treasury Division.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Foreign Investment Registration process is the responsibility of the Registrar of Investment. Foreign Investors who wish to invest in Solomon Islands must submit their application for registration with the Registrar of Investment.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how you can register as a foreign investor.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.