Solomon Islands - Register a Vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Register your vehicle:
- Imported vehicle: provide IRD with the importation documentation and a completed application form for registration of a motor vehicle (TR01).
- Second hand vehicle: both you and the vehicle's previous owner will be required to complete the bottom section of the Vehicle Registration Certificate. This is the proof and confirmation of the ownership transfer.
- Upon receiving either of these forms Inland Revenue will issue a Vehicle Registration Certificate for the owner. This must be kept in the vehicle at all times. This certificate will also be used when ownership is transferred in the future.
- Licensing your Vehicle:
- You will need to present your vehicle for inspection. Go to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Development (MID) and pay for your inspection fee.
- Present the receipt to the Public Works Department to arrange a time for them to inspect your vehicle. If you are prepared to wait they can often do it then.
- Have your vehicle insured. Third party insurance is compulsory. It can be purchased from one of 2 insurance companies (QBE and Tower) or through a broker.
- Issuance of license. Bring your certificate of inspection and third party insurance policy to IRD, along with a completed Application for Licensing a Motor Vehicle form (TR03).
- IRD will process your application and provide you with a vehicle license for you to display on the left hand side of your windscreen.
- Imported vehicles: Importation documentation
- Completed application form for registration of a motor vehicle (TR01).
- Certificate of Inspection
- Completed Application for Licensing a Motor Vehicle form (TR03).
Office Locations & Contacts
Inland Revenue Division
Box G9, Honiara,
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate: Nil
- Reprinted Vehicle Registration Certificate: $10.00
- Vehicle Licence Plates (from 1 July for new vehicles): $200.00
- Vehicle Inspection Fee: $138.00
- All retests: $138.00
- Heavy Public Service Vehicle (more than 26 seats): $860.00
- Light Public Service Vehicles:
- Light buses (up to 12 seats): $344.00
- Light buses (13 - 26 seats): $516.00
- Taxis: $344.00
- Other (including rentals): $344.00
- Heavy Goods Vehicle:
- More than 7.5 tons; unladen: $6,875.00
- Tracked vehicles: $6,875.00
- Light Goods Vehicle:
- Up to 3.5 tons; unladen: $1,375.00
- More than 3.5 tons but not exceeding 7.5 tons; unladen: $2,750.00
- Motor Tractors: $413.00
- Trailers: $344.00
- Private Motor Cars:
- Up to 2,000cc: $825.00
- Over 2,000cc: $1,375.00
- Invalid Carriages: Nil
- Motor Cycles:
- Up to 250cc: $206.00
- Over 250cc: $344.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If you have imported a vehicle it must be registered with Inland Revenue before you can get a vehicle licence.
Inland Revenue Division (IRD) is a Division of the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how you can register your vehicle and obtain a vehicle license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.