Solomon Islands - Obtain Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register, you will need to complete the IR1 Tax Registration Form. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form.
- Submit the completed form together with other required documents to IRD.
- IRD will review your application and issue your Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Completed IR 1 Form
- Additional documents:
- Partnership copy of any written Partnership Agreement
- If applicable - a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Trust a copy of Trust Deed
Office Locations & Contacts
PO Box G9, Honiara
Inland Revenue Office at the MOFT Compound on Mendana Avenue
Email: [email protected]
- Business Owners/Operators: You will need to register for tax purposes.
- Employers: If you employ staff you are required to register with IRD. This includes employing organizations such as NGOs, private schools, churches.
Employees: If your only income is from employment you DO NOT need to register with IRD. Your employer will deduct the tax you need to pay through the PAYE system.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Business/Taxpayer Name: Provide the name of the business, this is the name that the business will be registered under. If registering as a sole trader the business name will be the name of the individual person. If registering as a partnership, enter the name of the partnership.
- Business Trading Name/s: If it has any, provide the business trade name/s. This is the name the business may use to describe itself to its customers.
- Business Structure:
- Individual / Sole Trader
- Partnership names of all Partners, their share in the partnership.
- Company Directors names
- Trust name of Trustee operating the business:
- Special status state if the business is a statutory body or NGO, school etc.
- Individuals and Entities Associated with this business: This may be the Directors names, associated Companies, Partners or individuals (if known please advise the TIN numbers)
- Date the Business started : usually the date the business started to operate.
- Financial year end: This is also known as balance date.
- Main Business Activities
- Address where business located
- Postal Address
- Telephone Numbers
- Contact name: This will be the main contact person for Inland Revenue. It maybe the name of a partner or director, or the accountant etc
- Type of taxes you registering for
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how you can obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You will need to write your TIN on all IRD forms and on any correspondence or other dealings with IRD. Putting your TIN on your payment forms, returns and correspondence will make it quicker and easier to deal with IRD.
More information which might help people.