Solomon Islands - Exchange Or Convert your Foreign Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill up the the License Application form and bring two passport size photos.
- You will get a license with the same vehicle classes your foreign driver's license was issued for.
- If what you hold is an overseas provisional license, you will have to gain a provisional license issued in Solomon Islands and follow the normal process to obtain a full license.
- Driver's License Application form.
- Two passport size photos.
- Driver's License issued abroad.
Office Locations & Contacts
Inland Revenue Division
Ministry of Finance Building
Customer Service Centre
PO Box G9
Vehicle & Driver Licensing 28244
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
P O Box G8, Honiara
- Holders of a valid drivers license from another country
- Provisional License: 94.00
- Full License: 94.00
- Replacement of license book: 94.00
- Test Fee: 94.00
- Retest: 94.00
- Highway Code Manual: 3.00
- Provisional Drivers License is valid for 3 months.
- Drivers licenses can be issued for a maximum of three years.
- A license can also be renewed for 1 or 2 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
If you wish to drive a vehicle in Solomon Island you will need to obtain a drivers license.
And if you already hold a valid drivers license from another country, you can applyto obtain a driver's license issued locally.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Inland Revenue Division: http://www.ird.gov.sb/Resource.aspx?ID=51
More information which might help people.