Solomon Islands - Cancel Company Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit a written request to the Registrar expressing your wish to have the company removed from the Solomon Islands register.
- You will also need to present documents that will prove that the company ceased its operation.
- Giving public notice:
- For liquidated companies: it will be the Registrar that will inform the public
- If the request was submitted by someone authorized by the company: the applicant, or the liquidator, as the case may be, must give public notice.
- If a notice is given of an intention to remove a company from the Solomon Islands register, any person may apply to the Court, not later than the date specified in the notice, and lodge a notice of objection to the removal of the company from the register. The Registrar must remove a company from the Solomon Islands register only if the Registrar is satisfied that no person has objected to the removal.
- Wait for the notice to be sent by the Registrar stating that the company is removed from the Solomon Islands register.
- Written request to have the company removed from the company register
- Documents that will prove that the company ceased its operation
Office Locations & Contacts
Company Haus - Registrar of Companies
PO Box G26
Tel: +67 7 26 812
Fax: +67 7 25 084
A company may be removed from the register for one of the following reasons:
- the company fails to file its annual return within a period of 6 months after the date allocated; or
- the company has been put into liquidation, and the prescribed documents confirming that the liquidation of the company has been completed have not been sent or delivered to the Registrar within 6 months after the completion of the liquidation; or
- a request was sent or delivered to the Registrar asking for the company to be removed from the Solomon Islands register made by:
- a shareholder or any other person authorized to make the request by a special resolution of shareholders entitled to vote and voting on the question; or
- a director or any other person, if the rules of the company so require or permit; or
- a liquidator sends or delivers to the Registrar the prescribed documents confirming that the liquidation of the company has been completed.
- Any company which fails to re-register within the re-registration period will also be removed from the register.
A request that a company be removed from the Solomon Islands register may be made on the grounds that the company:
- has ceased to carry on business, has discharged in full its liabilities to all its known creditors, and has distributed its surplus assets; or
- has no surplus assets after paying its debts in full or in part, and no creditor has applied to the Court for an order putting the company into liquidation.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A company is removed from the Solomon Islands register when a notice is registered by the Registrar stating that the company is removed from the Solomon Islands register.
This procedure provides you information on how you can send a notice to have your company removed from the register.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.