Solomon Islands - Apply for Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete the Drivers License Form, indicate the classes of vehicles you want to obtain a license for. Submit the form to the Inland Revenue Division along with a copy of your birth certificate.
- A Provisional Drivers License will be issued to the applicant which is valid for 3 months. A Provisional License Holder are only allowed to drive if accompanied by someone who has already obtained a valid drivers license.
- During this 3 month period you can learn to drive on the road. The vehicle must clearly display a L Plate to indicate it is being driven by a Provisional Driver's License holder. You should also use this 3 months learning the Highway Code.
- Once you are confident to drive you should come and schedule a driving test. You must do this before your Provisional license expires. If you are not yet ready to take the driving test you will need to renew your provisional license.
- After paying the test fee, make a booking with the Ministry of Infrastructure and Development to take the test. The Test consists of a theory and practical components.
- When you have passed the test, Ministry of Infrastructure and Development will issue you a Certificate of Competency.
- Carry the certificate with you, along with 2 photos to the IRD who will issue a new drivers license.
- Drivers License Form
- Copy of your birth certificate.
- Certificate of Competency
Office Locations & Contacts
Inland Revenue Division
Ministry of Finance Building
Customer Service Centre
PO Box G9
Vehicle & Driver Licensing 28244
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
P O Box G8, Honiara
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Provisional License: 94.00
- Full License: 94.00
- Replacement of license book: 94.00
- Test Fee: 94.00
- Retest: 94.00
- Highway Code Manual: 3.00
- Provisional Drivers License is valid for 3 months.
- Drivers licenses can be issued for a maximum of three years.
- A license can also be renewed for 1 or 2 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway.
Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Inland Revenue Division: http://www.ird.gov.sb/Resource.aspx?ID=150
More information which might help people.