Sierra Leone - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority office to inquire about the driver license application.
- Fill out the forms and submit relevant documents.
- Proceed at the finance department to pay the fees.
- Pass the written and driving test.
- Application will be approved if you have passed the tests.
- Driver license will be issued.
All documents must be original.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of address (utility bill, rental agreements)
Office Locations & Contacts
Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority
Kissy Road, Freetown
Tel: +232 76 954 803
Toll Free: 2244 (Emergency/Enquiries)
Mondays until Fridays
8:00am - 5:30pm
A holder of Sierra Leone's driver license.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Sierra Leonean driver's license is valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- New drivers must pass a vision, written and skills test to be issued a driver license.
- No tests are required for persons transferring to Sierra Leone. with valid driving privileges, except persons transferring from foreign countries.
- No testing is required for persons suspended less than one year.
- Eye and written tests are required for drivers suspended for more than one year.
- Any driver suspended or expired for more than five (5) years will start as a new driver.
- All driver testing is performed by the Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority Officer on scheduled days at Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority office.
- Applicants full legal name.
- Applicants date of birth.
- Applicants Social Security number.
- Proof of the applicants Sierra Leone residency
Need for the Document
Following are the procedures on how to renew a driver license in Sierra Leone.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.