Sierra Leone - Register Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Before you go to the Office of the Administrator and Registrar General you will need to conduct a business name search first and complete a combined business application form- LINK.
- Simply follow the instructions provided on the online form.
- Pay registration fees
- Obtain certificate and TIN (Tax Identification Number)
- Sierra Leonean to provide Photocopy of National ID Number (or passport / drivers license if applicant has one). Non-nationals of Sierra Leone are to provide passport number and residence permit.
Note: You will be expected to produce the original document for verification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Administrator and Registrar General
Roxy Building, Walpole Street, Freetown
Call +232 25 332396 if you have any difficulties filling any of the forms or e-mail [email protected]
- Bo (1 Fenton Road, Bo)
- Makeni (34 Frontier Road, Makeni)
- Kenema (25 Hanga Road, Kenema)
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Statutory fees for the Registration of Business and Companies
- Combined Application Form: No Charge
- Name search for all Business Entities. Business Name Search: No Charge
- Business Name Certificate: Le20,000.00
- Change of Business Name: Le20,000.00
- Certified copy Business name certificate: Le10,000.00
- Hard copy of certified Business Name Certificate: Le20,000.00
- NRA Written Statements for Sole Proprietorship: Le40,000.00
- NRA Written Statements for Partnership and Company: Le50,000.00
- Business Registration fees:
- Sole Proprietorship: Le50,000.00
- Partnership: Le55,000.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about a day for your application to be processed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications to register a business are filed with the Office of the Administrator and Registrar General.
- Business name
- Business location address
- Postal Address
- Telephone Number and E-mail Address of Business
- Activity/Industrial Classification
- Business Activity/Nature of Business
- Capital employed in the business (including all Branches of Sierra Leone)
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how can you register a business in Sierra Leone.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- It is an offence to operate a business without registering it first.
- You will be issued Tax Identification Number (TIN) as soon as you register a company
More information which might help people.