Saint Kitts and Nevis - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importing your pets:
- Have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Saint Kitts and Nevis will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- If you are outside Saint Kitts and Nevis : You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Saint Kitts and Nevis in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permit for pets.
- When making arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Saint Kitts and Nevis. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Import Permit: An application form must be completed and submitted to the office of the Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO) to obtain an import permit. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form.
- Arrival in Saint Kitts and Nevis: A Health Certificate issued by an accredited veterinarian within 72 hours of arrival, must accompany the animal.
- Completed application form
- Two consecutive rabies titre with results greater than or equal to (> or =) 0.5 I.U/mL from the RABIES/RFFIT/FAVN Laboratory (Kansas State University for U.S.A Applicants).
- B.A health certificate issued by the Veterinary Authority or Government Veterinarian of the exporting country within 30 days of the date of arrival (in the case of the U.S.A, this is the U.S.D.A Export Health Certificate). The health certificate must have the seal or stamp of the exporting country for international travel and must include:
- A full description of the animal including implanted microchip number.
- Records of last rabies vaccinations including name of vaccine, lot/serial number, expiration date and route of administration.
Office Locations & Contacts
Chief Veterinary Officer
P. O. Box 39, Veterinary Services
Department of Agriculture
Basseterre, St. Kitts, West Indies
Phone: (869) 465-2110
Fax: (869) 465-2928
Primary email: [email protected]
Secondary email: [email protected]
All animals to be imported into St. Kitts and Nevis must be identified with an AVID, Home Again or ISO compatible electronic microchip implant. The microchip number must be included on all relevant documents including written application form, blood samples submitted for rabies testing and on results of the rabies tests.
Please note that the following dogs will not be permitted to enter the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis:
- Pit Bull Terrier/ Staffordshire Terrier
- Dogo Argentino
- Presa Canario
- Fila Brasileiro
- Japanese Tosa
- American Bull Dog
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Saint Kitts and Nevis and how can you obtain a Pet Passport and import permit for pets.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.