Romania - Register Marriage
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The declaration of marriage must be submitted by the spouses at the Civil Service Office in the municipality where they are residents. The declaration must show that there is no legal impediment to the marriage and the family name that will be used.
- Submit the declaration together with other required documents (see list below).
- Once the marriage is registered in the books, the Local Registrar will issue the marriage certificate.
If you are outside Romania:
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Romanian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular service section will be able to help you register your marriage in Romania.
With the declaration of marriage, the spouses must also submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity of the applicants (original and photocopy). Applicants may present these following documents:
- Romanian nationals - ID card, temporary identity card or passport Romanian citizen who has established permanent residence abroad
- For citizens of the European Union or European Economic Area - the ID or passport issued by the state where they belong
- For stateless persons - passport issued under the Convention on Statelessness in 1954, accompanied by permanent and temporary residence permit, if applicable
- For third-country nationals - passport issued by the State concerned are to be applied visa in Romania; visa must be valid as from the date of submission of the declaration and the date of the celebration of the marriage;
- For citizens who were granted a form of protection in Romania - travel document issued under the Geneva Convention of 1951 or, if applicable, travel document for aliens who have subsidiary protection - humanitarian protection and identification card issued by ORI ;
- For citizens of asylum seekers in Romania - passport issued by the State concerned are accompanied by temporary identity document.
- Birth certificate, original and copy;
- Valid medical certificate on health status
- Original documents and copies, translated and notarized or certified by the officer of civil status showing dissolution of previous marriage, if applicable;
- Proof that the application fee was paid
- Proof previous marriage dissolution, the following documents may be presented:
- Divorce decree issued by the courts
- Divorce certificate issued by notary offices or city halls.
- Proof of termination of the previous marriage is the death certificate of former spouse, with the attached certificate of marriage.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Service Office - Bucharest
Address: Bd. Mare?al Averescu nr. 17, Sector 1, Bucure?ti
Office Hours and other contact information
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how marriages are registered in Romania.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.