Romania - Register Death
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The death must be registered at the local civil registry office where the death occurred or where the body was found.
- Declarants must submit the medical death certificate and civil status documents of the deceased (birth and marriage certificate, if applicable). Note: Make sure that you photocopy the medical death certificate first before submission.
- Once the death is registered in the books, the Local Registrar will issue the death certificate. The certificate of burial or cremation will also be issued.
For deaths of Romanian citizens abroad
If the body of the Romanian citizen who died and whose death was recorded abroad will be brought back to Romania to be buried or cremated, then the relatives of the deceased must obtain a burial or cremation certificate from the municipality where the burial or cremation will be held.
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Romanian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular service section will be able to help you register the death in Romania.
- Medical death certificate
- Birth and marriage certificate of the deceased, if applicable
- Identification of the deceased (original and photocopy)
- Approval for the death to be registered: for deaths due to suicide, accident or other violent causes (declaration being made within 48 hours. And for deaths that has not been declared and registered within the statutory period.
- In cases where the declarant is unable to provide civil status certificates for the deceased, he will be required to state in writing the reason why they cannot produce the documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Service Office - Bucharest
Address: Bd. Mare?al Averescu nr. 17, Sector 1, Bucure?ti
Office Hours and other contact information
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The death must be registered with the Civil Registry Office within 3 days from the time of death occurred or when the body was found.
Declaration made after the expiration of the 3 day period will require declarants to submit additional documents.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how deaths are registered in Romania.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.