Romania - Obtain Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Duplicates of a death certificate may be issued in case of loss, theft or destruction. They may also be issued in case of deterioration or were the certificate was incorrectly completed.
- Submit your request to a obtain a copy of the certificate at your local civil registry where the event was registered.
- Do not forget to bring a valid identification, you may be asked to present this to confirm your identity and to make sure that you have the right to obtain the certificate.
- If possible, you may also submit a copy of the civil status certificate lost, destroyed or stolen.
- Civil status certificates drawn incorrectly, damaged or withdrawn from use, must be surrendered for cancellation.
- Pay the application fee and wait for instructions from the Registrar regarding when can you comeback to collect the certificate.
If you are outside Romania
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Romanian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular service section will be able to help process your request to obtain a copy of a death certificate.
- Valid ID (original and photocopy)
- If possible, a copy of the civil status lost, destroyed or stolen.
- For civil status certificates drawn incorrectly, damaged or withdrawn from use, must be surrendered for cancellation.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Service Office - Bucharest
Address: Bd. Mare?al Averescu nr. 17, Sector 1, Bucure?ti
Office Hours and other contact information
Death certificates are issued at the request of family members or other interested party (they must be able to justify their interest on obtaining the document).
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the deceased
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain a copy of a death certificate in Romania.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A copy of the original death certificate is often needed to be presented in these following cases:
- claiming life insurance benefits
- claiming pensions
- settling estates
More information which might help people.