Wikiprocedure > Romania

Romania - Change Your Name (Deed Poll)

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


For a person under interdiction, name change request is made by the guardian, with the consent of the guardianship authority.

Change surname minor may be required at any time.

If the spouses have agreed to wear during the marriage a common family name, it is necessary to change consimtamntul other spouse, if the wife at marriage, have agreed to keep each former name any of them will be able to change name without needing the consent of the other. Changing the surname of one of them has no effect on the surname of the other spouse.

Request for change of name shall be submitted to the Community civil service records of persons subordinate council of the commune, town, municipality or district of Bucharest, in whose jurisdiction the domicile of the applicant or the mayor administrative territorial unit where domicile.

Demand for the Romanian citizen residing abroad shall be submitted to City Hall last home was in Romania, and if there ever was residing in Romania - District 1 City Hall of Bucharest.

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • Copies of the certificates of marital status of the person requesting the name change;
  • A copy of the Official Gazette of Romania, Part III, in which it was published, according to art. 10 statement of name change request, copies of the publication which has not been more than a year;
  • Consent given in authentic form, the other spouse, if common surnames changing worn during the marriage;
  • Copy of the decision approving the guardianship authority, if the parents cannot agree on changing the name of their minor children, and when the request for change of name is made for minors and persons placed under judicial interdiction of the guardian;
  • Certificates of good conduct and fiscal record of the applicant;
  • Any other documents which the applicant considers necessary for motivating application.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Department for Persons Records and Database Administration
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Institution Address: str. Obcina Mare Street. 2, sector 6, Bucharest
Fax: 021 / 413.50.49
E-mail: [email protected]
Central Telephone: 021 / 440.27.70, 021 / 440.24.40, 021 / 440.25.40
Claims and complaints: 021 / 413.56.49
Contact details

Ads by Google


Persons entitled to request a name change are Romanian citizens residing in the country or abroad [according to art. 4 (1) of the Ordinance], and any person without citizenship (stateless) domiciled in Romania, who have full legal capacity. People who do not have such capacity or have limited legal capacity may require changing the name of the legal representative or, respectively, by assisting their legal guardian.

For minor name change request is made, if applicable, the parents or, with the approval of the guardianship authority of the guardian. If parents cannot agree on the name change, tutelara.Cand authority decides the application is made by one parent, the consent of the other parent, if given in the form autentica.n minor who has reached the age of 14, the application shall be and signed it. The law does not require the consent of the other parent if he is placed under interdiction, or is legally declared missing or deprived of parental rights.

The agreement is not necessary if the other parent is put under ban or is legally declared missing and disqualification parintesti.Cand child has reached the age of 14, the application shall be signed and acesta.Pentru person under interdiction, demand name change is made by the guardian, with the consent of the guardianship authority. If the parents are deceased, unknown, placed under interdiction, declared dead or missing or deprived of parental rights and guardianship has been established, where the child was declared abandoned by final court decision, and in If the court has decided to entrust the child to a family or a person under the law, a minor name change request is made by the specialized public service for child protection subordinated to the county council, or, where appropriate, the local municipal council , city, municipal or mun.Bucuresti sector.


Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


Changing surnames and forenames is administratively under Government Ordinance no. 41/2003 on acquiring and changing the names of individuals administratively approved by Law no. 323/2003, as amended and supplemented.

Jurisdiction of the applications is the president of the county council or the mayor of Bucharest, which shall act by issuing mood to accept or reject the request for change of name within 60 days of receiving the request, according to art. 13 of O.G.R. no. 41/2003.

Required Information[edit]

  • Your name as listed on birth certificate or immigration or citizenship documents.
  • The full name you are applying to change to (if you are changing your name).
  • Date and place of birth
  • Marital status and details
  • Places of residence for last three months
  • Address for Correspondence

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

If you are using, or wish to use, a name other than your registered name, there is no legal requirement that you formally change your name. It is, however, recommended that you change your name officially, both for identification and as evidence of your name change.

Name change generally refers to the legal act by a person of adopting a name different from their name at birth, marriage or adoption. The procedures and ease of a name change vary between jurisdictions.

Information which might help[edit]

In the meaning of Art. 4 para. (2) O.G.R. no. 41/2003, shall be deemed to be valid applications for change of name in the following cases:

  • when the name is composed of indecent expressions, ridiculous or transformed by translation or otherwise;
  • when the person has used in the profession, the name wishes to achieve, making proof thereof, and the fact that the company is known under this name (possess various personal documents, studies, service, military etc. not consistent with the name provided in acts of civil status). This legal provision brings into question our opinion, inalienable character of the name. It seems therefore that possession extended under certain conditions, can entitles the holder to acquire it. These conditions are: a permanent use of the name; it use to be in the profession and under this name the person to be known in society. We believe that continuous use of the name in the profession requires a longer, more accurate usage while the name must coincide with the exercise of the profession while. In addition, the use must be continuous. Then, for the application to be founded, the person must have been known under this name in society. This condition is satisfied if we do not believe that the time is short and, therefore, the person could not reasonably to be known to the company under this name ;)
  • when inadvertently officers marital status or because of ignorance current laws were made wrong mentions in civil registers have been issued or marital status with wrong name, under which were issued other acts (education, military, work card, etc.);
  • when the person in question has surname or first name composed of several words, usually combined, and wants to change it;
  • when the person in question bears a surname of foreign origin and required to wear a Romanian name;
  • when the person has changed the name of foreign origin in a Romanian name, administratively, and wants to return to the name acquired at birth;
  • when the parents changed their name through administrative and ask children to wear a surname common with their parents;
  • require the person concerned to wear a surname common with the other members of the family, a name that has been acquired as a result of adoption, keeping the name of marriage, the establishment of parenthood or of previously approved name change about administrative;
  • the spouses have agreed upon the conclusion of marriage to wear surname combined, and both seek to change it administratively, opting for surname at birth or by one of them had to return every maiden name;
  • the person concerned provides evidence that was recognized by the parent after birth registration, but failing to court for approval of wearing his surname in life, there is no other possibility of acquiring the name of the parent than about administrative;
  • when worn surname is specific to the opposite sex;
  • when the person was nodded sex change by court final and irrevocable and required to wear a proper name, featuring a forensic act that results in their sex;
  • such other duly justified cases.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

You may want to change your name because:

  • You have just gotten married
  • You have divorced
  • You just want a change
  • In case of adoption

External Links[edit]

Romanian Government

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.