Portugal - Register as Voter
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register as a voter, applicants will need to go to a Portuguese consular post (link to addresses are provided below) in the country where they are currently staying.
- Applicants will be ask to present their identity card or national citizen card.
- If the place of residence does not coincide with what is indicated on the identification document, applicants will need to present their residence permit issued by the competent authority of their country of residence.
Portuguese citizen, residing abroad:
- Valid citizen card
- Resident permit
Citizen of another EU country with legal residence in Portugal:
- Valid identity card
- Proof of legal residence in Portugal
Citizen of a Portuguese-speaking country:
- Residence permit
- Valid identification
Citizen of another foreign country, residing legally in Portugal for over 3 years:
- Temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit
- Valid identification
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs-Electoral Administration
Address: Commerce Square, East Wing
Phone: 21 394 71 00
Fax: 21 390 92 64
E-mail: [email protected]
- Portuguese citizens living abroad
- At least 17 years old
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
All Portuguese citizens residing in Portugal are automatically registered as voters.
Portuguese citizens living abroad may register as a voter voluntarily. Registration must be done at least 60 days before election day.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can register as a voter in Portugal.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.