Portugal - Obtain Parking Card for People with Disabilities
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may apply for a parking card for people with disabilities through IMT Online Services .
- Click on the link - SOIS - Log in
- Select the "Miscellaneous / Other" option.
- Simply follow the instructions on how to complete your online request.
- Your documents will need to be sent via E-Mail: [email protected] or by mail to the regional branch office referred to in (document generated during the online application):
- Signed application
- Copy of ID / Citizen Card;
- Copy of the medical certificate of multipurpose disability.
- You may also apply for the parking card in person by going to an IMT service counter or by visiting a Citizen Shop counter that provides the service.
- Make sure that you bring with you a validated medical certificate and original identification document.
- Submit a completed application together with other required documents.
Send a request addressed to the Regional Directorate of IMT in your area of residence. Contact the office for more information on how you can submit your application. See contact information below.
- Completed Model 13 IMT - Form
- Original identification document, or in the case of military, photocopy of Disabled Card of the Armed Forces issued by the Ministry of National Defense and display the original.
- Copy of valid identification or citizen card.
- Applicant must be able to present a validated medical certificate. Have the document photocopied in case the officer ask for a copy.
Office Locations & Contacts
Institute for Mobility and Transport
Ministry of Planning and Infrastructure
Phone: 21 794 90 00
Fax: 21 797 37 77
Email: [email protected]
Parking Card for People with Disabilities
Institute for Mobility and Transport
Phone: 808 50 20 20
Office Hours: 09: 00am to 6:30pm
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
No associated costs.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain a parking card for people with disabilities in Portugal.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The Parking Card allows parking on public roads in areas assigned by assigned specifically to disabled persons. You will need to display the card on the front windscreen of the vehicle carrying the disabled person.
In cases of absolute necessity, the card will also allow the holder to park elsewhere, for short periods of time, provided they do not conflict with a normal and free movement of pedestrians and vehicles.
More information which might help people.