Wikiprocedure > Poland

Poland - Register a Foreign Marriage

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. In order to register a marriage concluded abroad, you must submit an application to the USC, asking for entering the foreign marriage certificate into Polish civil status records and attach the required documents to the application.
  2. First of all you will need a Polish translation of your marriage certificate from a sworn translator.
  3. Next you need to go to the Urz?d Stanu Cywilnego (office of civil affairs) in the town where your spouse is permanently melded with your translation and original.
  4. They will keep your original so make sure you have photocopies for your own records
  5. When submitting this application, a request should be made for the amendment and correction of the information. Enclose all relevant documents, for example, birth certificates of the spouses.
  6. If the civil registration document was issued by a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 (Dz.U. from 2005, No. 112, item 938), there is no requirement to legalise foreign official documents.
  7. In place of legalisation, the Convention introduces a single certificate called an "Apostille", which is attached to the document or placed inside the document itself.
  8. The certificates are issued by appropriate national offices in each member state of the Convention: A list of the offices can be found on this page:

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • An application requesting the transcript, directed to the proper registrar's office
  • An original full copy of the marriage certificate (issued by the proper local registrar's office)
  • A translation of the document made by a sworn translator in Poland or by a Consul. The fee for this service is 26. If the translation was made by a local translator in the United Kingdom it has to be verified by a Consul. The consular fee is 26.
  • Statement about the surname used after the marriage ceremony
  • Original birth certificates of both spouses
  • A sworn translation of a foreign birth certificate - if spouses were born outside Poland
  • Valid passports or ID cards
  • An additional form needs to be completed if one spouse is not a Polish citizen

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Registry Office - Ko?cierzyna
Contact details:
City: 83-400 Ko?cierzyna
Address: ul. 3 Maja 9 a
Telephone:58 68 02 350
Fax: 58 68 02 320
Email: [email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 2206011
Province: Pomorskie
District: Ko?cierski
Community: Ko?cierzyna

Registry Office - Kudowa-Zdrj
Contact details:
City: 57-350 Kudowa-Zdrj
Address: ul. Zdrojowa 24
Telephone: 74 86 21 714
Fax: 74 86 61 351
Email: sekretariat[at]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 0208031
Province: Dolno?l?skie
District: K?odzki
Community: Kudowa-Zdrj

Registry Office - Radowo Ma?e
Contact details:
City: 72-314 Radowo Ma?e
Address: Radowo Ma?e 21
Telephone: 91 39 72 222
Fax: 91 39 72 159
Email:[email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 3218032
Province: Zachodniopomorskie
District: Lobeski
Community: Radowo Ma?e

Registry Office - Pozna?
Contact details:
City: 61-706 Pozna?
Address: ul. Karola Libelta 16/20
Telephone: 61 64 63 344
Fax: 61 87 84 336
Email:[email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 3064011
Province: Wielkopolskie
District: Pozna?
Community: Pozna?

Registry Office - Piecki
Contact details:
City: 11-710 Piecki
Address: ul. Zwyci?stwa 34
Telephone:89 74 21 170
Fax: 89 74 22 065
Email: [email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 2810042
Province: Warmi?sko-mazurskie
District: Mr?gowski
Community: Piecki

Registry Office - J?drzejw
Contact details:
City: 28-300 J?drzejw
Address: ul. Reymonta 12
Telephone: 41 38 61 702
Fax: 41 38 61 267
Email:[email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 2602023
Province: ?wi?tokrzyskie
District: J?drzejowski
Community: J?drzejw

Registry Office - Stolno
Contact details:
City: 86-212 Stolno
Telephone: 56 67 70 902
Fax: 56 67 70 906
Email: [email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 0404062
Province: Kujawsko-pomorskie
District: Che?mi?ski
Community: Stolno

Registry Office - Lutomiersk
Contact details:
City: 95-083 Lutomiersk
Address: pl. Jana Paw?a II 11
Telephone:43 67 75 011
Fax: 43 67 75 094
Email: [email protected]
BIP: Virtual office service
Teryt: 1008062
Province: Ldzkie
District: Pabianicki
Community: Lutomiersk

For more Registry offices click the link below.
Find your administration on the map

Ads by Google


Marriages that did not take place in Poland.


Stamp duty: 50 z?, power of attorney (if submitted) 17 z?

The fee must be paid concurrently with the application.


The records at the registry office will indicate the marriage is still registered until the status is changed through either registration of divorce or death involving the couple.

Documents to Use[edit]

The application for entry of a foreign marriage certificate PDF

The application for entry of a foreign marriage certificate RTF

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


This statement can only be submitted in the presence of the Head of a registrar's office in Poland or in the presence of the Consul abroad.

Required Information[edit]

  • First name
  • Name (s)
  • Surname
  • Marital Status
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
  • Place of residence
  • Date and place of marriage
  • First name (s) of father
  • Surname father
  • Name (s) of the mother
  • Mother's maiden name
  • Witnesses
  • Signature of the applicant

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

When a Polish citizen gets married in a foreign registry office, he or she must submit a statement regarding his or her surname, together with an application requesting that the marriage certificate be recorded in the Polish register of marriages. If the marriage was between two Polish citizens, they should also submit a statement regarding the surname of any children born in the marriage.

Information which might help[edit]

Foreign marriage certificates, including those issued by the authorities in Scotland and Northern Ireland, frequently do not contain all the information required to make a decision and issue copies of the Polish civil registration document. Thus the Head of a Polish registrar's office will make a decision in regard to an amendment and/or correction of the said certificate.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Ads by Google


People who have been married previously must submit Polish documents showing that the previous marriage has ended. For example, a previous marriage certificate and a valid Judgment made by the Polish court in regard to the divorce or annulment of the marriage, or a marriage certificate with a note about the divorce or a death certificate of the previous spouse.

Registration documents issued by third countries can be done only by Polish Consul in the country where certificate was issued or directly in registry office in Poland.