Wikiprocedure > Poland

Poland - Obtain a Residence Address Certificate

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


A request shall be made in the municipal office or in the county office competent as for the foreigners place of residence. The residence registration is notified by filing a special form of registering a permanent residence. The said form shall, inter alia, confirm the fact of the foreigners residence in the dwelling premises, made by its owner or other entity having the legal title to the property. The confirmation should take place in the form of a legible signature with date when the latter was put. This applies to the situations when a foreigner uses a flat that belongs to another person.

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

When renting the residence premises from the owner, the following documents are required:

  • A form available at the district bureau:

There are two versions of the form, one for permanent residence and the other - for temporary residence

  • a copy of a document confirming identity;
  • document forming the basis of a legal stay on the Polish territory (ex. visa, residency card);
  • legal act confirming the rights to reside at the premises for which the residence certificate is to be issued (a decision, rental agreement or deed).

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Dolno?l?ski Urz?d Wojewdzki we Wroc?awiu
Wojewdztwo Dolno?l?skie - Wroc?aw
Social Affairs and Foreigners Department
pl. Powsta?cw Warszawy 1, 50-951 Wroc?aw
tel. 071 340 66 55; 071 340 67 02
fax: 71 340 66 85

Kujawsko-Pomorski Urz?d Wojewdzki
Wojewdztwo Kujawsko-Pomorskie - Bydgoszcz
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
ul. Konarskiego 1-3, 85-950 Bydgoszcz
tel. 052 349 72 40
Fax: 52 349 72 42

Lubelski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Lublinie
Wojewdztwo Lubelskie- Lublin
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
ul. Spokojna 4, 20-914 Lublin
tel. 081 742 47 32
Fax: 81 742 44 32

Lubuski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Gorzowie Wielkopolskim
Wojewdztwo Lubuskie Gorzw Wielkopolski
Social Affairs and Foreigners Department
ul. Jagiello?czyka 8, 66-400 Gorzw Wielkopolski
tel. 095 711 57 09; 095 711 55 54
fax: 95 711 53 61

?dzki Urz?d Wojewdzki w ?odzi
Wojewdztwo ?dzkie- ?d?
Social Affairs and Foreigners Department
ul. Piotrkowska 103, 90-425 ?d?
tel. 042 664 17 04; 042 664 17 01; 042 664 17 02
fax: 42 664 17 03

Ma?opolski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Krakowie
Wojewdztwo Ma?opolskie Krakw
Social Affairs and Foreigners Department
ul. Przy Rondzie 6, 31-547 Krakw
tel. 012 422 31 05
fax: 12 422 30 19

Mazowiecki Urz?d Wojewdzki w Warszawie
Wojewdztwo Mazowieckie Warszawa
Foreigners Office
ul. D?uga 5, 00-263 Warszawa
tel. 022 695 65 75
fax: 22 695 66 03

Opolski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Opolu
Wojewdztwo Opolskie Opole
Social Affairs and Foreigners Department
ul. Piastowska 14, 45-082 Opole
tel. 077 452 43 24; 077 452 46 10; 077 452 43 49

Podkarpacki Urz?d Wojewdzki w Rzeszowie
Wojewdztwo Podkarpackie - Rzeszw
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
ul. Grunwaldzka 15, 35-959 Rzeszw
tel. 017 867 19 15
fax: 17 867 19 50

Podlaski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Bia?ymstoku
Wojewdztwo Podlaskie Bia?ystok
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department:
ul. Mickiewicza3, 15-213 Bia?ystok
tel. 085 743 93 80
fax: 85 743 94 44

Pomorski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Gda?sku
Wojewdztwo Pomorskie - Gda?sk
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department:
ul. Okopowa 21/27, 80-810 Gda?sk
tel. 058 307 74 27
fax: 58 307 72 14

?l?ski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Katowicach
Wojewdztwo ?l?skie - Katowice
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department:
ul. Jagiello?ska 25; 40-032 Katowice
tel. 032 207 73 26; 032 207 73 28; 032 207 72 99; 032 207 74 00
fax: 32 207 73 27

?wi?tokrzyski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Kielcach
Wojewdztwo ?wi?tokrzyskie Kielce
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
al. IX Wiekw Kielc 3, 25-516 Kielce
tel. 041 342 15 02, 041 342 15 70
fax: 41 342 14 66

Warmi?sko-Mazurski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Olsztynie
Wojewdztwo Warmi?sko-Mazurskie - Olsztyn
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
al. Marsz. J. Pi?sudskiego 7/9, 10-575 Olsztyn
tel. 089 523 23 62, 089 523 73 12
fax: 89 523 65 30

Wielkopolski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Poznaniu
Wojewdztwo Wielkopolskie - Pozna?
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department
pl. Wolno?ci 17, 61-739 Pozna?
tel. 061 854 17 21
Fax: 61 854 18 43

Zachodniopomorski Urz?d Wojewdzki w Szczecinie
Wojewdztwo Zachodniopomorskie - Szczecin
Social Affairs and Foreingers Department:
Wa?y Chrobrego 4, 70-502 Szczecin
Tel: 091 430 34 00
Fax: 91 422 57 12

Ads by Google


Everyone residing in Poland must register his/her residence address.


The procedure of registration and certification is free of charge and the certificate is issued immediately.


Registration for temporary residence may be made for a period no longer than the length of stay indicated on the visa, residence permit for a defined period or permit to settle.

Documents to Use[edit]

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

The procedure of registration and certification is free of charge and the certificate is issued immediately.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


The procedure is performed in the district bureau of the city (municipality) office, competent for the aliens place of residence.

Required Information[edit]

Information needed to complete the form: date and place of birth, marital status, education, citizenship, place of residence, the period for which the alien wants to obtain the residence certification, and data from the passport (or other document confirming identity) and social security number PESEL (those who do not have it, are automatically assigned a PESEL number at the district bureau during the residence certification procedure).

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

Any person living in Poland, including an alien, must obtain a residence address certificate.

This means registering his/her residence address.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

  • It is to be issued by a respective tax administration authority
  • It should determine the place of residence (the residential place or the place of seat) that is the tax payer place for the taxation purposes
  • It should contain the issuance date of the certificate that is the date on which the tax residency is confirmed.

External Links[edit]

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


When moving out of the place of registered temporary residence before the end of the period for which the residence certificate was issue, the alien registers this fact by completing and signing the form "Departure report from the temporary residence."