Poland - Obtain a Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Persons who has the responsibility of reporting the death must go to the registry office.
- Submit all document needed to register the death.
- Once registration is complete, the head of the registry office, at the request of the person reporting the death will issue the death certificate.
- Report issued by a doctor who saw the deceased.
- Identity card of the deceased (in the case of an alien-passport).
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior
Stefana Batorego 5, 02-591 Warszawa
Tel: (22) 143 60 66
Fax (22) 601 39 88
Customer Service Point (CSP MSW)
ul. Rakowiecka 2A, on the first floor Offices Passes MSW
Tel: (22) 60 143 66 (8:15am - 4:15pm)
The following individuals are required to report the death:
- Spouse or children of the deceased
- Closest relatives or in-laws
- Persons residing in the premises where the death took place
- Those who were present at the death or those who saw the body of the deceased
- Administrator/owner of the house where the death occurred
- If the death occurred in a hospital or other facility, registration will be done by the authorized staff of the said facility.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Competent authorities where to register death
- Death of a person registered in the registry office of the event.
- In case of death or dead recognition in judicial proceedings, or in the event of death on a Polish ship or aircraft, the death of a soldier on active military service or any other person assigned to a military unit who were killed or died as a result of military operations - death records in the office marital status applicable to the downtown district of Warsaw.
- In exceptional cases of death can be made at the office of the civil status of the last place of residence of the deceased or the place of his burial.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Death of a person must be reported within 3 days from the its occurence. If the death occurred as a result of infectious disease, notification must be done within 24 hours of death.
Following are procedures on how to obtain a death certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Ministry of Interior:
More information which might help people.