Poland - Obtain a Certificate of Conformity
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Each organization (manufacturer, authorized representative, importer, distributor, etc.) may request PKN for certification of any product - object of certification for which specific requirements were specified in one or more Polish Standards.
Hardware, software, processed material, service or management system, may be an object of certification.
An access to the certification system offered by PKN is open for every Organization. This concerns not only Organizations that are interested in certification of its products but also certification bodies (CB) that are interested in acquiring the authority of the President of PKNs to issue PN certificates.
Every organization acquires discounts in the scope of promotion for Discount policy.
The certification process may be conducted by:
- Polish Committee for Standardization - within the whole set of the Polish Standards
- The certification body empowered by the President of PKNs CB within the set of the Polish Standards determined in the scope of accreditation certificate or in the other equal document.
The PKNs management declares impartiality of all PKN activities (the Policy of Impartiality) and Organizations cooperating with PKN in the scope of certification of conformity to the Polish Standard (Polish Standards) and PN certificates granting.
Impartiality of PKN activities in scope of the certification is under the supervision of the Council for Certification. The Council is appointed by the PKN President and supervises if the declared proceedings, eliminating conflicts of interest and minimizing threats to the PKN impartiality, is effectively implemented.
Office Locations & Contacts
Polish Committee for Standardization (PKN)
Swietokrzyska 14 Street, 00-050 Warsaw
Tel: +48 22 55 677 63
Tel: +48 22 55 676 97
Tel: +48 22 55 674 50
Fax: +48 22 55 674 20
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]
Central Office of Measures
ul. Elektoralna 2, 00-139 Warszawa
Tel.: +48 (22) 581 93 99 (centrala)
Fax: +48 (22) 581 93 92
Email: [email protected]
Polish Club POLLAB Laboratories,
02-699 Warsaw, ul.K?obucka 23A,
Tel (22) 4645503, fax (22) 4645556,
Mobile: 607 114 307,
E-mail: [email protected]
- A need for regulatory compliance leads to a mandatory certification.
Taking into consideration the case of mandatory certification, the relevant law governs the scope of certification activities, the third parties authorized to carry out these activities and their necessary competencies.
- A need for compliance resulted from a free will of interested parties (supplier consumer) leads to a voluntary certification.
With the rising consumer awareness the voluntary certification and the marks associated with voluntary certification become very important.
In order to unify the rules of fees calculation, the price list for activities connected with accreditation has been worked out. The price list determines fees paid by organizations applying for accreditation and by accredited organizations for participation in national accreditation system. The price list is available as electronic medium or on request in a form of printout.
Polish Centre for Accreditation bank account:
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
Al. Jerozolimskie 7
22 1130 1017 0020 1232 0820 0003
76 1130 1017 0020 1232 0820 0001
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Polish Centre for Accreditation is the national accreditation body authorized to accreditation of conformity assessments bodies on the basis of the Act of Parliament of 30 August 2002 on conformity assessment system (text Off. J. of 2010, No 138, item 935 with changes and of 2011, No 102, item 586).
- Usually, the certificate of conformity is issued together with a mark of conformity.
- In case of the Mark of Conformity to the Polish Standard and PN Certificate, the conformity with the requirements of the Polish Standard / Polish Standards is guaranteed.
- The term Polish Standard applies to the purely national standard as well as to any Polish Standard that is a national transposition European Standards (EN) or International Standards (ISO, IEC).
- The certificate is applicable only to products which features (parameters) are identical to sample(s) given for evaluation and compliant to requirements stated.
- Name and address of the certificate holder
- Name and address of the producer
- Name of the product
- Product variants
- Program of the certification
- Report No. and date of issuing
- Report from an evaluation
Need for the Document
Economic operator placing his product on the market (manufacturer, the authorized representative, importer or distributor) usually have to or/and would like to verify compliance with the requirements of the product given in reference specification (e.g., Polish Standard, directive, regulation).
Information which might help
PN certificate may be issued for the Organization (manufacturer, authorized representative, importer, distributor etc.), after fulfilling following conditions:
- all tests which confirm that the subject of certification fulfills all requirements specified in selected Polish Standard (Polish Standards) have been carried out with a positive result.
- the Organization has demonstrated that is able to provide continuity of conformity of its product (subject of certification) with the Polish Standard (Polish Standards) during the validity of PN certificate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
EA - European co-operation for Accreditation http://www.european-accreditation.org
IAF - International Accreditation Forum, INC. http://www.iaf.nu
ILAC - International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation http://www.ilac.org
Central Office of Measures http://www.gum.gov.pl
Polish Standardization Committee http://www.pkn.pl
Polish Testing Laboratories Club http://www.pollab.pl
Polish ISO 9000 Forum http://www.pfiso9000.pl
Postgraduate studies "Chemical metrology" http://www.chem.uw.edu.pl/metrologia
Polish Centre for Accreditation was established on 1 January 2001 on the basis of the Accreditation Office of the Polish Centre for Testing and Certification (PCBC) and the Calibration Laboratories' Accreditation Department of the Central Office of Measures (GUM), taking over employees, liabilities and commitments of the above institutions within the accreditation activities, including:
- over 430 granted accreditations
- experienced and highly qualified personnel
- proved procedures
- a wide database of auditors
- international relations
Both, Polish Centre for Testing and Certification (continuing activity of its predecessor - the Central Office for Product Quality) and the Central Office of Measures have previously carried out, for a long time, appropriately:
- assessment and authorization of testing laboratories for certification purposes according to ISO/IEC Guide 25 and ISO/IEC Guide 45
- assessment and authorization of calibration laboratories for the purpose of the national metrological infrastructure.
The first certificate of accreditation, issued as a result of accreditation process carried out in accordance with the requirements of European Standards of 45000 series, was issued: for testing laboratory in 1992, for certification body in 1993, for calibration laboratory in 1997 and for inspection body in the mid of 2000.