Poland - Exchange Foreign Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You will need to submit his state/national license to the local licensing office.
- You will be required to pass a written examination.
- Pay the fees
- an application for exchange of a drivers license.
- a receipt for the drivers license issuance fee.
- a sample signature.
- a photograph.
- an authorized translation of the U.S. State drivers license.
- a photocopy of the State drivers license
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approched for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
The rule is that a foreigner can exchange a driving license after 180 days of stay in Poland.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
2 to a few weeks(depends from the country where the driving license was issued).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- In order to drive in Poland, foreign nationals must have either an international driving permit or a Polish national drivers licenseor their national driver's license without an IDP is insufficient.
- In particular cases there is a necessity to pass a theory test in Poland if the country which issued a driving license is not a party of the Vienna Convention or if the country do not have signed an agreement with Poland concerned a recognition of driving licenses.
- If a foreign driving license was issued on the definite period of time it might be a necessity to conduct medical examination for exchanging a driving license to polish.
- After exchanging a foreign driving license to polish the original document is keeping in the Office.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following procedure provides you information about exchanging your foregin driving license to a Polish driving license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.