Wikiprocedure > Poland

Poland - Apply for Child Passport

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. Obtain necessary documents
  2. Fill in the "Application for Passport" form
  3. The passport application must be submitted and collected in person by the applicant, following the verification of the data contained in the microprocessor.
  4. Pay the passport fee

Obtain a Polish passport abroad

  1. Visit the Polish consulate and submit the same documents as required in Poland.
  2. Should there be any doubt as to the applicants Polish citizenship, they are required to submit a document certifying their Polish citizenship or, apply for it via the consulate at the competent Polish Office.
  3. If the applicant has no PESEL number (Polish identification number), the consul submits an application for assignation.

Track Progress of Your Passport Application

  1. Find your application number on the receipt for the submission of the passport application which you received at the Office.
  2. Open the Passport Information Portal:
  3. Type in your application number on the box provided.
  • You will receive one of the four possible messages, depending on the Progress of your application:
    • application was accepted
    • application was rejected
    • personalization of the document
    • passport is awaiting collection

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • filled in passport application
  • two identical photographs according to the requirements laid down in the legislation
  • an abbreviated or unabbreviated copy of birth certificate in the case of the first passport application
  • an abbreviated copy of a marriage certificate if the applicant (parent) got married abroad
  • a receipt of payment of the passport fee


Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Ministry of the Interior

ul.Stefana Batorego 5

02-591 Warsaw

MI headquarters phone number: (+48 22) 621 20 20

Ads by Google


  • On behalf of the minor, both parents submit a passport application, unless pursuant to a court decision one of the parents has been deprived of parental authority or their authority has been restricted. If there is no consensus between the parents or inability to obtain consent of one parent, a child passport may be issued on the basis of a family court decision. The application submitted by one parent along with a written consent of the other, accepted by the passport authority or a notary, is regarded as submitted by both parents.
  • A minor passport may be issued abroad by consent of one parent, providing it is in the best interests of the child, particularly, when it is impossible to obtain a consent of the other parent.


Passport fees:

  • 140 PLN for a 10-year passport
  • 30 PLN for a passport for a child who, on the day of submitting application, was under 7
  • 60 PLN for a passport for children aged 7 to 13
  • 30 PLN for a temporary child passport
  • 45 PLN for a temporary passport

The following persons are exempt from the passport fee:

  • persons over 70
  • persons living in social welfare centres or care centres or benefiting from social assistance and receiving a permanent allowance, if they travel abroad to receive a long-term therapy or undergo surgery
  • persons who applied for passport replacement due to its technical default
  • soldiers sent to serve abroad, excluding professional soldiers

The following persons are entitled to a 50% passport fee allowance:

  • pensioners, disabled persons exclusively dependent on their spouses,
  • persons living in social welfare centres or care centres or benefiting of social assistance and receiving a permanent allowance
  • combatants and other victims of war and post-war repressions
  • minors and students

A discounted passport fee applies to:

  • a change of surname, name or other data included in the passport
  • a change of physical appearance of the passport holder, which may hinder their identification
  • the lack of free space for visas and stamps confirming passing the border in the current valid passport

A double fee is collected when:

  • the previous passport has been lost or destroyed for reasons attributable to owner thereof


  • Fees for passports issued abroad vary and are specified in the Ordinance of the Minister of Foreign Affairs on consular fees.


A passport issued in Poland is valid:

  • for 10 years from the date of issue
  • for 5 years in the case of children aged 5-13
  • for 1 year (a temporary passport) for children under 5

NOTE: Extension of the validity of passports for children below 5 years of age

From 11 August 2012, passports issued for children below 5 years of age will be valid for 5 years. Currently all children under the age of 5 receive temporary passports valid for one year. The changes were introduced taking into account the suggestions of parents who until now had to obtain new passports for their children every year. Until 10 August 2012, children below 5 years of age will still receive temporary passports valid for one year.

Starting from 11 August, the main travel document for children below 5 years of age will be a passport valid for 5 years from its issue date. The fee for a passport will not change and will amount to PLN 30. The extension of the validity of passports for children under the age of 5 s the result of a deputies' bill which was supported by the Ministry of Interior.

Passports for children at the age of 5-13 are also valid for 5 years. Passports issued to minors aged 13 and more are valid for 10 years from their issue date.

The lifting of controls at the internal borders means that there is no border control at the borders between the Schengen Member States. While crossing an internal border of the Schengen area, a citizen of a Member State does not have to present travel documents, i.e. passport or ID card. This does not mean, however, that travelling within the Schengen area takes place according to the same rules as travelling within ones own country. This refers in particular to minors who do not have to have ID documents when staying on the territory of the Republic of Poland only. However, every person (even a minor) travelling to another Schengen state must have an ID document confirming that that person uses the EU right to free movement of persons. Every child travelling outside the Schengen area must have a passport.

The new validity period for passports of children below 5 years of age has been introduced by the Act of 25 May 2012 amending the Act on passport documents, which was published in the Journal of Laws [Dziennik Ustaw] on 11 July 2012 (Dz. U. of 2012, item 798).


Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.    

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.    

Processing Time[edit]

The time for passport issue is specified by the authority issuing the passport. An average waiting time for the document issued in the country does not exceed 30 days.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


Passports and temporary passports are issued and modified in Poland by a voivode locally competent for the permanent place of residence of a person applying for the passport, and abroad by a Polish consul.

The Minister of Interior exerts supervision over passport and temporary passport procedures. By consent of the minister of interior, a passport and temporary passport may be issued by a office other than the locally competent one.

  • A temporary passport is issued to children under 5 years old.
  • No biometric features are contained in temporary passports.

Required Information[edit]

A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
1. Date of Birth.
2. City or County of Birth.

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.

This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.

Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.