Philippines - Take the Employment Permit System/Test of Proficiency in Korean
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying for the test
- The Registration dates for the tests are individually scheduled by POEA. POEA will announce it on their website. Applicants should strictly follow the schedule assigned due to limited registration period and capacity of the registration venue.
- Registration Areas: Metro Manila, La Union, Cebu and Davao. Registration venue per Region will be announced through the POEA website. An applicant must register only in the registration venue where he/she wants to take the test. Applicants may arrived at the registration place between 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Application may only be submitted in person.
Note: An allocated list of test takers will be posted on POEA website on test date announcement. Test takers will be able to check their test date and session, test venue through the POEA's website.
On the day of the test
Please prepare the following:
- Admission Ticket (which is issued during registration)
- Passport (test takers must bring the same passport submitted during the registration)
- Felt tip pen or ball-pen (only black ink). Marking an answer sheet with other pens other than the one mentioned earlier (pencil or blue color ball-point pen etc.) can be regarded as wrong answer.
- Note: No applicant will be allowed to take the test without their passport and Test Permit.
One answer sheet will be distributed to each applicant only once and any replacement or correction is not allowed. Besides, correction of answers on the answer sheet with correction fluid or tapes is regarded as wrong answer.
EPS-TOPIK Registration Application form.
- The form will be distributed at the registration venue. Application forms are numbered, each applicant receives and submits one application form only, use correction tape in correcting errors.
Valid passport, a copy of passport must be attached along with the application form.
- No valid passport, No registration: Only applicants with valid passport will be allowed to register for the test to avoid discrepancy in their personal information later on.
2 pcs. passport size pictures (taken within 3 months)
- In case an applicant's personal information on the passport is not exactly the same as the one written on the application form, his/her entry to Korea will not be permitted in any case, and the applicant will bear the trouble caused by such differences in the personal information.
- HRD Korea will use the personal information (name, date of birth, and gender) written on the application form and the applicant's photo attached on the application form for future employment in Korea of the workers, and these are not changeable in any case.
Office Locations & Contacts
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
Blas F. Ople Building
Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA
722-11-44 / 722-11-55
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
- Only those who responded to the POEA online survey on EPS-TOPIK can register for the 11th EPS-TOPIK.
- Must have valid passport on the day of EPS-TOPIK registration
- Must be between 18 and 38 years of age (Born between September 08, 1976 and September 08, 1996)
- Must not have any record of conviction or imprisonment for a heinous crime
- Must have no record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea
- Must not be restricted from departure from the Philippines
Note: Female workers are currently restricted to register due to low demand. Contact POEA for more details.
Test fee: Php1,051(local currency equivalent to US$24.00)
- No refund will be issued after the registration period.
- Re-application after cancellation is not allowed.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The test is being held by the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea (MOEL) with Human Resources Development Service of Korea (HRD Korea) as its implementing agency.
The tests are done in cooperation with the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines (DOLE) and Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), which announces when and where the next EPS-TOPIK exam will be given.
According to the MOU between the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea and the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines (DOLE), only Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has the legal authority to send Filipino workers to the Republic of Korea. Only the job seekers who passed the EPS-TOPIK and registered on the roster by POEA can be hired by Korean employers. Involvement of any other private sector in the procedure for sending workforce is strictly prohibited.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Those who are planning to work in Korea under the Employment Permit System, must pass the EPS-TOPIK either as Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer-Based-Test (CBT), implemented by the Human Resources Development Service of Korea (HRD Korea) authorized by the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea (MOEL). Only EPS-TOPIK passers will be allowed to submit their job application form to the Employment Permit System.
Following are procedures on how you can apply to take the EPS-TOPIK.
Information which might help
- Reading: 25 questions / 100 points (40 minutes)
- Listening: 25 questions / 100 points (30 minutes)
All test questions are to be taken from closed question bank based on The Standard Textbook for EPS-TOPIK which can be downloaded from the HRD Korea and POEA websites. Passing standard: Passers (for each industry) will be selected based on the test result (from the top scorer) among those who scored more than 80 points (Full score: 200 points).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Passing the EPS-TOPIK only gives the workers the qualification for EPS job application and does not guarantee employment in Korea.
Moreover, those who are restricted from employment in Korea, like those who did not pass the medical examination or who have a record of illegal stay in Korea, cannot be employed in Korea.
More information which might help people.