Wikiprocedure > Philippines

Philippines - Replace a Lost or Stolen or Damaged Passport

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. Prepare originals and photocopies of the required documents for when obtaining a new passport.
  2. If the lost passport is still valid and has not yet expired, a Police Report must be secured from the nearest Municipals office by reporting about the loss of passport and supplying details, such as when it went missing, how it got lost, and other relevant information the police may ask about.
  3. Next, secure an Affidavit of Explanation or Loss and have it notarized. This is usually done by a Notary Public and costs around Php200. Show the lawyer the Police Report for the details of the loss.
  4. Download and print the DFA passport application form (this can be downloaded by going to the link provided below) and fill it out.
  5. Bring the accomplished form, together with the other documents duly secured and the documents required to pass, to the DFA office where the lost passport will be replaced. (Personal appearance is required.)
  6. Pay the corresponding fees. Have the new passport replacement delivered to a preferred address or simply pick it up at the DFA office when its released.

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]


  • Personal Appearance
  • Confirmed appointment.
  • Duly accomplished application form may be downloaded from the DFA website,
  • No need to submit a passport size photo.
  • Submit same documents required for first time passport applicants.


  • In case passport was lost and cannot be found:
    • Submit Notarized Affidavit of Loss (with detailed explanation on when, where and how passport got lost).
  • If the lost passport is still valid:
    • submit Police Report.
    • Photocopy of first page of lost passport (if available)

Please take note that there will be a 15-day clearing period prior to the processing of application for replacement of a lost valid passport.

  • In case passport was already declared lost by the applicant but eventually was found and returned to him/her:
    • Submit Notarized Affidavit of Retrieval (with detailed explanation on when, where and how passport was found)
    • Original and photocopy of first and last page of passport
  • If Abroad
    If youre abroad or outside the Philippines and you lost your passport, you must prepare the following documents and file for a replacement in the consular services from the embassy of the Philippines wherever country you are
    • Accomplished application form (can be downloaded from the Philippine embassy in the country you are in)
    • Police Report written in English and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the report was filed.
    • Notarized Affidavit of Loss of Passport and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were the affidavit was executed
    • Birth certificate secured from the NSO and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
    • Valid IDs and supporting documents of identification and citizenship if needed
    • Photocopy of your lost passport if possible
  • In case of mutilated or damaged passports:
    • Submit Notarized Affidavit of Mutilation (with detailed explanation on when, where and how passport got mutilated or damaged)
    • Original and photocopy of first and last page of mutilated or damaged passport
  • In case applicant was issued a Travel Document:
    • Original Travel Document
    • Submit Notarized Affidavit of Explanation Regarding Issuance of Travel Document (with detailed explanation on when, where and why applicant was issued a travel document)
    • Original and photocopy of first and last page of cancelled passport (if passport is still in the possession of the applicant)

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Department of Foreign Affairs
DFA Home Office
2330 Roxas Boulevard
Pasay City
Metro Manila, Philippines

Office of Consular Affairs
Bradco Avenue, corner
Macapagal Boulevard
ASEANA Business Park
Paranaque City, Metro Manila

Telephone:(632) 8 834-4000 (632) 8 834-3000
8 234 3488 (For Passport Appointment Concerns)
8 651 9400 (For Passport, Authentication, & Other Consular Inquiries)

Philippine Embassies and Consulates

Ads by Google


Minors, Legal Age and Senior Citizens with a previous passport (lost/stolen/damaged) as long as you have all the requirements and documents needed.


  • Passport replacement fee of P200 is passport if still valid.
  • Passport processing fees (fees are different to each country) - if abroad


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.    

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.    

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain the processing your application.    

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents.
e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.

Required Information[edit]

  • Full Name
  • Gender
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Fathers Name
  • Mothers Name
  • Telephone & Mobile Number
  • Residential Address

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

A passport is a very important thing for an individual. Its not just for traveling purposes but also a very essential piece for who you are. It also represents anyones identity as a citizen of a country. If your passport was lost and stolen from you, you must replace it.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Department of Foreign Affairs :

Ads by Google


More information which might help people.