Philippines - Renewal of Seaman Book
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Apply in a POEA-licensed manning agency. They will evaluate your application and be interviewed.
- If you passed, you will get a recommendation to get Basic Safety Training from a certified training institution.
- The training institution will give you a certification for the completion of your basic safety course training.
- Together with your certification, you must also bring necessary documents. (Please see required documents stated below).
- Bring your complete requirements and photocopies of each document at the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) located at the PPL Bldg. 1000 UN Ave. cor. San Marcelino, Manila.
- Fill up the Application Form.
- Wait for the processing of your Seaman's Book.
Note: You can get your Seaman's book within the day if you have successfully accomplished all needed qualifications.
- Valid Basic Safety Training (MARINA Authenticated, 1995 STCW Compliant or STCW Certificate)
- MARINA/ PRC/NTC License or Board Certificate
- MARINA/ PRC/NTC ID (for licensed officers)
- Letter request from The Company/ Agency
- POEA approved employment contract
- Crew list duly signed by the Master
- Clearance from MLAO as to monetary obligation
- Photocopy of SIRB
- Latest passport size photo
- Documentary stamp
Office Locations & Contacts
Maritime Industry Authority
OFFICE OF THE ADMINISTRATOR
11th floor MARINA Building, Bonifacio Drive cor. 20th Street,
Port Area, Manila
Contact No.: (02) 8523-9078 / (02) 8524-2895
2nd floor MARINA Building,
Bonifacio Drive cor. 20th Street,
Port Area, Manila
Contact No.: (02) 8523-8660
MARINA Regional Office I and II
3F Tan Bldg., Quezon Ave., Sevilla Center,
San Fernando City, La Union
Contact No.: (072) 607-8108 / (072)607-8109
Email : email@example.com
More detail in the link Map
A seaman or seafarer who previously owns a Seaman's Book.
- Regular Process : Php 800
- Expidited Process: Php1500
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The Seaman's book details everything about a seaman's career experience and training.
- It is also regarded as seaman's passport but obviously this cannot replace a passport being issued by the government. This particular book is unique only for seafarers.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A seaman's book can be re-issued or renewed when a seafarer requested for it.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help