Philippines - Register to Vote
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to an Electoral Registration Office (satellite registration office).
- State your name and exact address, specifying the house number, name of the street, area, district, purok or sitio, and barangay where you resides, or a brief description of your residence.
- Present any of the identification documents that bear your photograph and signature. Please see "Required Documents" for a list of acceptable identification documents.
- Your name will be verified by the Election Officer from the NLRDV upon establishing your identity. If your name is on the list, you will not be issued an application for registration but will be advised to apply for either of the following:
- transfer of registration record (if the name found active in the NLRDV but another district, city or municipality) or
- reactivation or transfer with reactivation of registration record (if the name is found deactivated in the NLRDV. If the name does not appear in NLRDV, the Election Officer will verify if the address you have given is located within the city or municipality, using a barangay precinct map. If you are not a resident, the Election Officer will advise you to proceed to the OEO of the city or municipality where you resides.
- If the address given is within the city or municipality, you will be informed by the Election Officer about the qualifications and disqualifications prescribed by law for a voter, the precinct where you belong and issue the application form in 3 copies.
- Accomplish the Application Form for Registration and submit the form to the Election Officer.
- Sign and thumbmarked the application form if the presence of an Election Officer.
- Your application form will be checked by the EO and will write down the application form number, return the form to you and direct you to the VRM Operator.
- Your application for registration information will be encoded and saved by the VRM Operator using the Voter Registration System (VRS).
- The VRM operator will affix his or her initial below the space provided for the EOs name and direct the applicant to submit his/her application to the EO.
- The EO will administer the oath, affix his or her signature, retain 3 copies and cut the bottom portion of one copy of the application form, indicate the date of Board hearing and give it to you to serve as Acknowledgment Receipt and proof of filing.
Visit this Website. Choose which application applies to you and just follow the instructions.
Any of the Identification Documents below:
- Employees identification card (ID), with the signature of the employer or authorizFed representative;
- Postal ID ;
- PWD Discount ID;
- Students ID or library card, signed by the school authority;
- Senior Citizens ID;
- Drivers license;
- NBI clearance;
- SSS/GSIS ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippine (IBP) ID;
- License issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC);
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) in case of members of ICCs or IPs; and
- Any other valid ID.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commission on Elections
Palacio del Gobernador Bldg.,
Gen. Luna St., Intramuros, Manila
Comelec – Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV)
Address: 7th Floor, Palacio del Gobernador Bldg.,
General Luna St.,
Other Field Registration Centers can be referred to the link: Filed Registration Centers
Consulate General of the Philippines
Address: 999 Canada Pl #660, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1, Canada
Plus code: 7VQP+4P Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Phone: +1 604-685-1619
Other Consulates can be referred to the links: Other Consulates and Consulates
Office of the Regional Election Director
Address: 2/F Femii Annex BLDG., Don Andres Soriano Avenue, Intramuros, Manila
Tel: (02) 527-0846 | (02) 527-9624
Email address: email@example.com
Other Filed Offices can be refered to the link: NCR Office Locations
Note: NTC issued Memorandum Order No. 10-10-2017 last October 27, 2017, directing all telecommunications providers in the country to migrate all its customers to eight-digit telephone numbers.
3000-YYYY to 3499-YYYY – Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
6000-YYYY to 6699-YYYY – ABS-CBN Converge, Inc.
6700-YYYY to 6999-YYYY – Eastern Telecommunication Philippines/ Telecommunications Technologies Philippines Inc.
7XXX-YYYY – Globe Telecom, Inc./ Innove Communications, Inc.
8XXX-YYYY – PLDT, Inc./ Digital Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
A customer who still incorrectly dials the old seven-digit number will hear a special announcement saying the format has been changed to eight-digit, for a period of three months after the migration (March 18, 2019 to June 17, 2019).
- Must be at least 18 years old on or before May 9, 2016 Synchronized National, Local and ARMM Regional Elections.
- Must be a resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he or she proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 9, 2016 Synchronized National, Local and ARMM Regional Elections.
- Must not be otherwise disqualified by law.
There is no fee when registering to vote.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The applicant must personally appear before an Election Officer (EO).
- The Application Form for Registration which is also known as CEF-1A, may be obtained, free-of-charge, from the OEO. It can also be downloaded here: Application Form for Registration. It shall be printed on a long bond paper (preferably substance 20/70 gsm), after which the applicant shall manually fill-up the same in three (3) copies. It can also accomplished online by going to this Website.
- The Application Form has to be signed and thumbmarked in the presence of the Election Officer (EO).
- Applications for registration shall be personally filed beginning May 6, 2014 to October 31, 2015 at the Office of the Election Officer (OEO) of the city or municipality where the applicant resides, during office hours, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Satellite registration shall be conducted either in barangay halls, public or private schools, commercial establishments and other public places within the city or municipality to ensure wider voter participation. There shall be at least one (1) satellite registration for every barangay.
- To know the schedule of voters registration, click on this link.
- Full Name
- Residence Address
- Period of Residence
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Civil Status
Need for the Document
Every Filipino citizen has the right to choose and vote for leaders of the country. However, to exercise this right, one must register first on the electoral register to vote in Philippine elections.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.